Saturday, June 01, 2013

The Disney Magic Man

Day 12 -- Friday, May 31 -- Day Off, Hollywood Studios

Quite the day today! Woke up at 4AM to catch the bus for open at Hollywood Studios since it's the start of Week 3 of Star Wars Weekends. The main reason I woke up so early was because I really wanted to meet James Arnold Taylor and receive Sam Witwer's autograph. I arrived around 6:30AM to the celebrity line. It turns out the celebrity meet-and-greet system was changed where guests are only allowed one celebrity meet-and-greet per guest, per-a-day. For every guest wanting to meet a celebrity, they must have the wristband given to them while in line, plus the fastpass at the beginning of the line. This limits from switching guests/fastpasses or giving them away since everyone has to have the specific colour wristband still attached.

Anyways, I received Sam Witwer's and wanted to get James Arnold Taylor's but was pretty much told by the greeters to "suck it" and "You'd be able to get a picture from afar" while making fun of me. I was explained by another guest that there were Standby opportunities for certain guests, which were if the guests had more time. Since there were several times for each autograph session, they being with fastpasses for the first and go from there. After everything, I ended with Sam Witwer's with a fastpass return between 4:40PM and 4:55PM and a green wristband.

From there, we'll give a quickie:


  • Met a gal named Emily while waiting in line, who told me about her sister and whatnot
  • Accomplished Disney's Hollywood Studios rope drop for Star Wars Weekends with the Stormtroopers
  • Received a fastpass for Toy Story Midway Mania with a return time of 9:50AM to 10:50AM
  • Rode Toy Story Midway Mania for the very first time after a wait time of 10 minutes (Score...)
  • Met Sarah while getting off of Toy Story Midway Mania, who was so into her job that she tried pushing me along until I introduced myself
  • Walked over to Star Tours, after asking for directions
  • Rode Star Tours for the first time, with a stop at Kashyyk and a Galatic Starship War
  • Walked over to Darth's Mall near Rockin' Roller Coaster, where I looked for a mug that I wanted, but ultimately decided upon a nametag reading "Ben Kenobi - Jedi"
  • Rode Rockin' Roller Coaster for the first time, which I was reeling from the rest of the day. Made single rider line, where the Mother and Daughter didn't understand "Single Rider" which I explained in Spanish.
  • Lost my Star Wars nametag on Rockin' Roller Coaster as they're just lightly stuck on. Diana took her time to replace it, which I really appreciated. She made a point that they tried to get the passholder Black and Gold ones.
  • Walked into Villains and Sweet Spells while waiting for my roommate, who was at Fairfax Fair which I found at the end of Sunset. Eventually found him back by Sweet Spells.
  • Parted quickly to go use our passes, as my Toy Story Midway Mania one was about time. Rode Midway Mania for the second time which was excellent fun! Ended up meeting at the Great Movie Ride after he got off of Tower of Terror.
  • My roommate and I went on Great Movie Ride requesting Blaine, but he had just gone for an intermission. We ended up riding front row on another show, which was my second time.
  • Caught the end of the Star Wars parade with the 501st Legion. Later found out that the Celebrity guests are dropped off at the main sorcerer's stage.
  • Rode Star Tours afterwards, where more then two gates were opened, so it was quite a short wait. Ended with the Darth Vader and Hoth version.
  • Said goodbye to my roommate, who wanted to go off to The Wave at the Contemporary. I still had to wait for a few more hours for Witwer's autograph session.
Finally found Blaine, who was an excellent pleasure to finally meet! They rotated stations a few time, and he pulled me off one ride since he had to wait another tram. I had the pleasure of standing and talking to him while waiting, where he told me that he had three show requests all day! The next tram arrived, and I got in the second row, with a very nice group of guests who sat next to me, and asked all about their trip so far.

Blaine hopped on, and was our Tour Guide through the movies. Since I know he's a friend with a few bad guys, I expected that, but Tour Guide was just like old times! Definitely one of the best Tours I have received on the Great Movie Ride, with a twist... a Bandit robbed the tram! It surprised many guests, and I was previously warned. Definitely a lot of feeling was put in through both the Tour Guide and the Bandit, who played the part to at T.

During the entire ride, I was trying my best to film, but I'll be going back here soon to get a bit better video. I was also that one person that cheered when the Tour Guide rescued everyone, then other people started too. Even when there's that kid in the front row that says they don't like it, the several other tourists who have seen it a million times, there's just always something to get excited about especially when there's great people involved that know what they're doing.

On the way out, I talked with the Tour Guide a bit more, which was nice. Went to see The Little Mermaid for the first time, which I really liked. Ariel had a really beautiful voice, and it was all technically amazing. Walked around a bit longer deciding upon what to do, and as I was heading towards the Animation Courtyard for the Animation building to get autographs, I ran into the wonderful Tour Guide again talking to a very pretty gal. Joey introduced herself, and I had an excellent pleasure talking with her! Definitely a whole lot more down-to-earth than I expected, and quite pleasant to talk with.

The Tour guide finally left us, and I had a bit longer to speak with Joey about School, future dreams, and the whole lot of them. The Tour Guide's twin/alter-ego Blaine showed up, and introduced himself. It was very nice to formally meet him, as things are a bit different behind-the-scenes which I won't be going into.

From there, I told Joey and Blaine I would just follow them as I was still figuring everything out. We finally decided upon Backlot Tour, and ran into a Boba Fett meet-and-greet who Joey seriously loves. Like beyond loves, which words cannot describe. We stopped, and after double-checking, even triple-checking that he wouldn't be leaving anytime soon, and of course after several other guests he did. We ended up standing around for a bit, until I figured that I needed to make Sam Witwer's autograph session. I told Blaine and Joey I'd be finding them in a bit and went off to Echo Lake.

Made it to Witwer's autograph session at Echo Lake in good time, and there was no line due to the strictness of everything. Walked past one person who checked fastpasses. A couple had let their kid go meet Sam on his lonesome, which I suspected was because they wanted his autograph and picture. Anyways, made it to the front of the line after two people. One man took my bag, asking if I wanted a headshot or something else signed and another lady took my camera. While the lady was figuring out my camera, I shook Witwer's hand and asked him what his favourite role was. He skipped out a bit, and just left me with "Star Wars has so many great people, and there's so many others..." while signing one of his headshots. He then pointed towards the camera, while the lady took a few pictures. I then shook his hand, and thanked him while I was rushed out be everyone.

The rest of the evening was quite interesting:
  • Headed towards Backlot Tour, stopping by the Restrooms by Backlot Catering.
  • Took a picture of the Backlot Catering Co. sign for Abbey since she was working, and proof that I had stopped by to see her. I'm a man of my word.
  • Found out Blaine and Joey had gone on the Great Movie Ride, where I waited by the exit for them. Met several friends of Joey's who later explained that she only knew one, and had just met the rest. Tagged along for the ride with Blaine. (Note: The redhead gal seriously reminded me of one of my good gal friends from back home. She kept giving me looks too... I think. Definitely pretty, I'll give her that)
  • Rode Tower of Terror for the first time thanks to 3-person fastpasses that we received. I told Blaine about the Abbey/Rachel situation of telling me I wasn't allowed to ride until it was with them, when he said screw it since I'm going with three girls at once.
  • Had an excellent time on Tower, which was less intense than I expected. Rang one of the bells on my way out.
  • Rode Rockin' for the second time since I didn't want to leave everyone again. Plus Manliness on the line. I was still reeling from the first trip, but we made it in good time with the Single Rider Line.
  • Once we were all off the ride, everyone stopped for food on Sunset before heading to Beauty and the Beast stage show at 5:30PM.
  • Watched the Beauty and the Beast stage show which was really funny with commentary between Blaine and I. Plus Princess Tiana accidentally made her way into the show, green and all. Found the dresses at the end to be very Charlotte LaBouff esque.
  • Parted ways with Blaine and Joey to go see Mr. Taylor's one-man Obi Wan and Beyond show! Seriously one of the best one of his shows that I've seen thus far, and look forward to more from such a great friend.
  • Picked up a Star Tours fastpass on my way out of the park, since I collect fastpasses
  • Stopped by Guest Relations for the second time looking for my lens cap. The first was after The Great Movie Ride looking for my lens cap, and a few guest service cards. (Third during my program)
  • Waited nearly an hour for the next bus to show, just relaxing on the ground
Finally made it home, showered, and charged my phone. I thanked Blaine for everything today, and hoping he'll give me a proper tour of The Studios sometime soon. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call from Abbey who said she wanted to come over. I walked over after she was done in the shower, to sit while she ate. On my way over to Patterson I ran into a gal from Mexico, who knew a few of my coworkers and we talked. She previously had an apartment in Keystone back home, which she was so giddy to tell me about. Made it to Abbey's apartment, and she gave me my pan back from me making her desserts the other night.

When we arrived back at my apartment, we were the only ones there. I made her some food, and started up the 360 with Epic Mickey while I made my food. I'm not going much further than that, as the rest of my night wasn't especially great. Ended up back home around 1AM after a trip over to Vista for some weird reason, and made it to bed after a 21-hour long filled day.

Life's what you make it. Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment