Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Favourite Things (Magic Kingdom Resorts)

Day 38 -- Wednesday, June 26 -- My Favourite Things (Magic Kingdom Resorts)

Really a nice relaxing day today, albeit forced:

  • Woke up around noon, and got moving about 1PM
  • Got ready, and finished up a few things
  • Went back to the apartment, made breakfast
  • Made our way to the outlets, mainly to return my Nike Air shoes that I had purchased for work
  • Went to the Disney Outlet "Character Warehouse" which is run by Disney. Picked up a set of Snow White Evil Queen glassware.
  • Made it to the Magic Kingdom just in time for a friend's shift, whom I dropped off. She was freaking out thinking she'd be late, then was upset that the Magic Kingdom was extended until midnight.
  • Rented a locker, walked down Main Street and got a few pictures until Lyanne decided she wanted to do something.
  • Returned my locker within the hour, and left the Magic Kingdom
  • Met Lyanne at the Contemporary Cafe, and had dinner with her while catching up
  • Went down to the dock, and caught a boat over to Fort Wilderness
  • Saw the Geyser at Fort Wilderness, which was pretty awesome. Spent most of the evening sitting in the lobby talking to Lyanne about a lot of things as we chatted and caught up. Really enjoyed it, as we  spent some real quality time together. I also figured out we're really similar in personality too, and the same sort of pasts.
  • Since we were in Fort Wilderness, Trail's End was next to the Lobby which meant people screaming every five minutes or so for Ketchup.
  • After having a nice quality chat, we went back to the Fort Wilderness dock and took the boat going from Fort to the Campground, then back to the Contemporary. While we were waiting on the boat, Lyanne pointed out Discovery Island which I'd absolutely love to visit someday to improve upon things.
  • Made it back to the Contemporary, and boarded the Resort Monorail. Made it to the Grand Floridian in good time. Stopped at the Quarter presses on the fourth floor to get a peter pan quarter. Learned what the third floor holds as the escalators bypass it.
  • Walked in to the Lobby, walking into a live pianist playing while we stood on the balcony. Lyanne grabbed me, and showed me all the wonderful coloured tiles around the resort. My favourite by far is the Peter Pan one, which she knew I'd love.
  • Spent the rest of our evening sitting and listening to the Pianist. At one point when he finished his current piece, he asked every guest specifically if we had any requests. Lyanne asked him what his favourite piece to play was, and he said that every single piece was, and began to name each and every one. When he finally got to Sound of Music, she said "Ahh" and he started naming off pieces that he's played. Lyanne requested My Favourite Things from The Sound of Music which was really beautiful. She turned into a little kid just watching him with amazement, which I snapped a picture of. One of my favourites I've taken so far, and just means a lot to me.
  • When the pianist finished at 9pm, we thanked him then moved over to a couch facing the band who played from the second balcony. It would be a beautiful hotel to work in, or even stay! The band played Belle.
  • Listened to the Band until about 10PM when they finished up, then caught the monorail back after Lyanne showed me a few restaurants and we talked a bit more. 
  • Made it to the Contemporary via the monorail while Wishes was going, which fulfilled my goal of seeing the fireworks this week which made me happy. Things have a funny way of working.
  • Went back down to the ground floor, and took the CP bus back. The bus didn't go the proper way, but got us all home quicker. Ended up talking with a guy on the bus while standing who was doing photopass in Magic Kingdom. Lyanned almost fell since she wasn't holding on, whom I thankfully caught before she went anywhere. I'm used to it riding a bus for the past 5 years.
  • Parted ways with Lyanne, and thanked her for forcing me to finally relax instead of going to the parks again, giving her a hug. Made it home in good time, then went to bed after talking to my roommates who took boats out on Bay Lake today.
Definitely a relaxing day with my best friend which I really appreciated more than she knows. :)

Have a Magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment