Tuesday, June 18, 2013

DCP Days 25-27

Disney College Program Days 25-27

Day 25 -- Thursday, June 13 -- Indoor Ovens

Nothing too much happened today as I tried sleeping most of the day, then worked a 3:30p to 10:15p at one of the hottest place in the entire park since the air conditioning isn't functioning properly.

Day 26 -- Friday, June 14 -- Nightmare Trading

Had a really fun time today with all the vinylmation and pin trading, and worked a 2:15p to 10:45p which was spent selling and trading vinylmation most of the day because a lot of people were wanting specific Star Wars ones. I had the pleasure of telling my Toy Story buzz story from my time at TDS. Had a lot of really excited kids to open up their vinyls and trade the ones they didn't want. Also had a kid who loved Jack Skellington so much that he bought a lot of merchandise, and traded me both Jack pins that I had received throughout the evening after coming back. Another gal was looking for Maleficent, whom I tried my best to help out and get her an autograph. She returned later to trade me one of the Jack pins.

Day 27 -- Saturday, June 15 -- Bus Triviality

Quite the evening, working 5:30p to 1:30p closing our food Sweets area. Rotated between cashiering and counter/stocker which was alright. Received my pin satchel I had requested on one of my very first days from Madelyn who handed it to me saying that I needed to hide it as it's considered gold around there. Put in for an ER since one of my friends wanted to come over, which didn't end up happening. Closed the entire place after already having everything cleaned shortly after closing, but the dishes took the longest to clean then put away. Definitely had fun with Drake and another guy whose name forgoes me, as they were moving really quickly to get out. I received an ER after the two guys were already allowed to leave. Right as I was walking out of the costuming building (after having removed my work shirt) I watched the bus drive away almost 10 minutes early. Sat on the bench just thinking, and had one of the bigger guys I work with come out and start talking after I told him that the bus had already left. We sat and talked for quite a while, and several other people joined us. Rode the bus home with Zach and met my friend who thankfully had some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment