Saturday, June 15, 2013

Making the Most

Day 23 -- Tuesday, June 11-- Making the Most

In the meanwhile, a random day off appeared, albeit the sole day this week:


  • Got up around 9AM when my roommate woke up, freaking out that he had to pack everything because they were coming to redo the carpets
  • Threw on my shoes and a hat, running over housing to double check. The date on the letter stated "Thursday, June 11" which confused all of us
  • My other flatmates were still asleep, but when Alex did finally wake up he called housing and they did confirm that it was in fact today, not Thursday. Again, they didn't apologize or admit fault since it's the fourth or so time that they've messed things up since the key incident at check-in.
  • We started moving everything as quickly as possible, then they stood around. Since we had an agreement to go to Dunkin' Donuts today, we all got in my car and went to the one next to Vista. Arrived at Dunkin' as Alex got a Key Lime Donut, Caleb got a breakfast sandwich and a coffee, while I got a chocolate chip bagel and a frozen coffee. The whole reason we were going was because Caleb wanted to get the new donut breakfast sandwich, but didn't end up getting for some reason.
  • Drove back home, while Alex started putting all of his stuff up. I decided to get ready for the day, finally waking up. Caleb and Alex went for a run while I went shopping.
  • Hurriedly shopped since I needed to get back to go to Animal Kingdom with Caleb. Ended up just finishing up at Wal-Mart and going to Wawa for gas, which didn't take my card right away.
  • Ended up at home and saw all the guys who were driving up as a left carpeting the place. It was a serious wreck as they took the table and furniture, shoving it into the kitchen. I found my way through to the kitchen, and put all the groceries away. Each of our rooms were stuffed in to the bathroom, including my bag which was stuck in the bathtub between our two nightstands which had been overturned, meaning I needed to squeeze between the vanity and the sink, then squeeze my arm through between the two upturned mattresses and the vanity to the bathtub to get my bag. I couldn't find my hat, so I just waited until they were all done. Since they ended up ripping all of our sheets off for some reason, I put our room back together. They already placed the beds and everything back, but just threw the sheets and everything else including my monster's hat anywhere. From there, I worked on putting everything back together and moving our three televisions back to their respective places.
  • After putting our room back together as best as possible, I got my bag together and headed off to the J bus for Animal Kingdom. Since it was my first time going to Animal Kingdom since my last visit over 10 years ago, I was amazed by everything. The bus drove by a really nice hotel, then went to costuming which is the farthest one from it's home location. The bus ended at Animal Kingdom next around 3PM.
  • Headed straight for Dinoland after accidentally getting in the My Magic Plus/Resort line with the light up mickey balls. Went by a few Merchandise locations to look for my Chandu tiger. Ended up just going to Dinoland since I needed to give my roommate his ID which I realized was left in my car after returning from wal-mart.
  • Since there was a Rain restriction in place, the boneyard is closed but I was redirected to the Dig site by a gentleman named Bruce who did a Roz voice for me. I thanked him, and ended up going to find Dinosaur, which was an hour wait.
  • Walked around Dinoland for a while, then ended up in Dinorama which was ridiculous. Since it started raining, I had my umbrella out while everyone was standing.
  • Since the rain slowed down, they opened back up the boneyard. I found Caleb who was standing at the entrance, and got a picture of him. We talked for a bit until he started freaking about his possible supervisor walking over. Since that happened, I walked around the boneyard. From there, I walked out after talking to Caleb a bit longer, then said goodbye.
  • As I was planning on leaving, I ran to It's Tough to be a Bug, and decided to get on given the 10 minute wait, plus I wasn't able to get through given the line to see the parade.
  • Went into It's Tough to be a Bug queue, and ran across a little girl who I called Princess Ariel. I was behind her and her mother the entire time who stopped every few steps to yell about an animal in the tree of life.
From there, I bought myself a baby tiger from the Disney Baby line who was wrapped in a leaf at the shop right outside the maingate. Hopped on the bus to the Contemporary and Polynesian while it started to rain. Since it was standing room-only I ended up standing near a nice elderly couple who introduced themselves after me laughing about the stuffed animals. The man explained that the shark's name was Sharkie, who was his granddaughter's toy. They went on for the next while asking about myself in the usual who are you, what's your major, why are you visiting, etc. I eventually learned that they had brought their son (who was a few seats down facing me, mid 30's) a while back when he was younger. He did indeed remember it, and they brought the grandkids along. The entire trip was Dad's parents, Dad, Mom, Son and Daughter. We just talked about someone who worked for the interior as well as their stay. At the end of the trip the Mom's bag fell as the daughter had walked next to me sticking Sharky in my face. I picked up my bag on the way off the bus, placing it back under the seat as she thanked me. The son shook my hand on the way off the bus, and thanked me kindly. It's the first time that I haven't said a word about my position, or hinted that I work for the company, just visiting on my own. I'll have to do it again soon!
  • Got off the bus and headed to the Contemporary lobby since it was after 5pm, as Blaine's Uncle was going to meet me there.
  • Decided since I hadn't heard from him to go look around the hotel. Since I've never been to the contemporary, I didn't know what to expect and it was SO COOL! Saw Chef Mickey's and the other restaurants. 
  • Walked through the three gifts shops, then stopped to see Alex who was working the Arcade. He had the cheesiest grin on his face when I walked in that I've ever seen. We talked for a bit, then he assisted a few guests with tickets. I ended up walking around the entire arcade and they have quite the variety of games from Galaga to Fruit Ninja. Went back and talked to Alex a bit longer, then went back to the lobby.
  • In the lobby I sat in one of the one-seat couch chairs and put my feet up and a cushioned stool, right across from the big couch I was previously on. I had my backpack down on the ground, and just relaxed for a while. 
  • After a few minutes, I received a text from Blaine's Uncle on his location, and that they were moving him. Finally had the pleasure of meeting him and his son Xander. Since his son didn't have a fork for his mac n' cheese I went on excursion to get one, which the front desk was no help. On my fork-less walk back, I wished that my concierge friend was working as she'd make it happen.
  • Went back upstairs as they were all packed to go, and the bellhop was super nice! Ran into Blaine and Joey outside of the elevator who didn't even recognize me.
  • Walked to Bay Lake Tower which was super amazing as he had been upgraded due to the water issue going on inside the room.
  • Talked for a bit with everyone, including Joey who had just finished up Traditions.
  • Decided to go to TOTW which was really nice. Right as I was pulling my camera out and taking pictures I realized that I left the battery at the apartment in the charger. I just ended up getting all of the pictures on my phone which was slowly dying.
  • Had a nice time at TOTW where the guys ordered drinks, we played TMNT, and ate some really amazing food! Also talked about a few random things, people, and certain ex-girlfriends of a certain someone.
  • Decided to go to Magic Kigndom, and walked from the Contemporary. It's a nice walk that I took last Tuesday with Caleb and enjoyed. Made it to TTC and had a security guard who was the quickest I've ever seen next to the one at Animal Kingdom earlier, who questioned me after my nametag.
  • Walked down Main Street which was preparing for the light parade. Had a very hard time making our way towards the Haunted Mansion, but eventually made it! (Blaine took a Tangled bathroom detour)
  • Rode the Haunted Mansion with Mr. S (Blaine's Uncle) and Xander while Blaine and Joey rode in the Doom Buggy behind us. Stopped in the Attic this time after his uncle mentioned that the wife loved the room.
  • Got off, and started for Splash Mountain since they were still deciding on what to do. Looked at the time, and it was a bit after 9. Since I had to make it to the Polynesian to meet Lyanne for Wishes, I apologized, shaking both  Blaine and Darren's hands as Joey stood slightly awkward just saying bye. I always question if I made her mad or something.
  • Went down Main Street looking for Kelsey with no luck, and I did look thoroughly. Had an amazing time walking through the parade route backwards while no one stopped me.
  • Took the resort boat from the dock which went to the Grand Floridian then the Polynesian, getting off at the beach. Walked across the beach looking for Lyanne, then looked at the time. Turned on my phone, and received a message as my phone updated itself with everything past. One was Lyanne saying they missed the right bus, and were going to the Contemporary (go figure) to see Wishes. I was later informed they saw it from a fire escape.
  • Walked to Captain Cooks right before 10pm, and got a cup for a make-it-yourself dole whip which was awesome. While I was waiting for her to ring me up, the lady talked down the CP's and a few other things.
  • Made a Massive Pineapple Dole Whip (Many of the highlights of my day)
  • Grabbed a random chair from the tables and drug it over to the beach. Placed it so I could see A Bug's Life going on the film screen and the Magic Kingdom. Right at 10PM, a guy walks over as he waves his hands, and the pause the movie, piping the music in.
  • Watched Wishes from the Polynesian beach which absol-freaking-lutely amazing just watching everything go aerial. Savored the moment while eating my Dole Whip, and stayed for a bit afterwards quoting  A Bug's Life.
  • After finally deciding to move, I walked through the entire lobby of the Polynesian, getting a bunch of pictures. I was planning on catching the monorail to the Contemporary to find Lyanne, but decided against it since I wouldn't be able to find the bus otherwise.
  • Walked to the bus near the TTC walkway. Almost ended up detouring to the Neverland area there.
  • Arrived at the bus stop and met several newer gals, all 5 whom were rooming with each other. They introduced themselves after I did so, then asked a million questions. I ended up moving next to Jenn who is going to work at the ABC Commissary in the Studios with me.
  • Had a pleasant bus ride next to a gal who works Cinderella's Royal table and told me a few nice facts about everything, including fireworks and assisting with the gal's questions. Also CP related questions including the water-park restricions.
  • At one point the gal who likes talking asked me what I had done my entire day, and I gave her a rundown albeit skipping a few details here and there. After everything she was speechless, and just said that I must make the most of every one of my days. 
  • On my way off the bus, I received Jenn's number so we can talk about anything else.
Overall an interestingly wonderfully busy day. Since I've made it a point of going to Magic Kingdom weekly, it looks like my day off will be utilized for that specific purpose.The several gals that I met at the Polynesian will be in wonderful hand for helping and anything else that they may need, as their apartment are truly my girls to take care of!

That about covers it...

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment