Saturday, June 01, 2013

Final Training

Day 13 -- Saturday, June 1 -- Final Training Day 4!

Another wonderful day of training thus far, and the finale:



  • Woken up by my roommate at 5AM who was getting ready for work. I just checked my Tumblr and a few other things before falling asleep.
  • Woke up at 8AM to catch the bus at 10AM. Decided to keep my phone off given what happened last night, and just made the decision to be quiet the majority of the day.
  • Arrived at Hollywood at 10:50AM as the bus was running later then expected
  • Headed to clock on, and ran into the Star Wars motorcade which had the entire 501st Legion along with the celebrities waiting by their cars
  • Sat in Take 5 with my fellow trainee since we arrived 30 minutes before our 11:30AM shift running into our trainer
  • Clocked on, then headed around towards the training cabanas
  • Arrived for training and ended up turning right around since they needed everything from 12PM to 1PM
  • Went to the Toy Story shop across from Midway Mania, and ran into Tony again. Ended up having to stock half the store which I did quite efficiently, even though no one really noticed. Also rang out a few guests including one from the Imagineering campus. In addition, I traded pins with the cutest little princess who wanted to trade for my Cinderella heart pin, who put it on the front of her dress.
  • Made a trip with Tony, Zach, and Kat to get Ice for the location's beverages
  • Confronted by my trainer since I was being "quiet". I kindly explained that I had no issues, just personal things. The first thing we were told when starting was to never comment on our exhaustion, as it's irrelevant.
  • Made our way to In Character, and took over the registers for a while with Zach. When it slowed down I assisted a few guests finding a location.
  • Went back to the cabanas for training, which included Retail Management and the Merchandise Assessments. I passed with a 61 out of a possible 63, which is one of the highest scores. The required minimum is an 80%. Given tons of candy during the time since we were all dead exhausted.
  • Took an intermission for lunch, and bought a sandwich. Learned that the company would be switching who would be selling food.
  • Clocked back on, had our final leader assessment with Madilyn who had previously done the program. She said she would look into getting me a sash, and made it clear that the Merchandise leaders would happily support those who were looking to get promoted. She also made it a point as a country girl coming from Ohio to definitely complete College Degrees.
  • Went to the Theatre of the Stars cart to assist for a while. Ended up having to empty the water from the drinks bin for a while. I was later sent off to get drinks, and ended up going to a different location than actual. 
  • From there, we went to and intermission break around 1700. Texted Miss Nicole who I found out was in the park with Mister Jim for Star Wars weekends. She tried her best to come find me, but no luck. It's harder since I'm all over.
  • After intermission we went to the Animation Gallery, where we received a proper tour of the galeria attached. Shown the stock in addition to several behind the counter resources. Had a "Zach Attack" moment since they will both be working together at one point. Also made a walk over to the Cell room, which is where the offices are attached. Finally figured out that the Animation building where Mermaid and a few other films were in production by the Florida animation department. Really sad to see such a large building vacated, which had so much potential.
  • Arrived at the Animation Store, which has young children's merchandise. Ran into another gal from Australia working the store, and I started picking up her accent. She was very nice, really.
  • From there our trainer decided since we knew enough that we'd just take a tour of the park Merchandise locations so we knew our park better for directing our guests. Started at Sunset Blvd, headed to Hollywood, and circled around towards Echo Lake.
  • Stopped in Sid's where I met a very nice gal! She spotted out an Audrey Hepburn pic for me after looking through nearly all the standing. She then pulled out the book with every signed picture that is held, including the stock. We then talked Star Wars with another guest, and how she was hoping to make Star Wars weekends next week. At one point she flirtly hit me, which came as a surprise.
  • Walked the rest of Hollywood, and went around echo lake by 50's Primetime cafe after trading pins.
  • Made it to the American Idol experience shoppe, where we checked the time and headed back
  • While turning from Hollywood back onto Sunset we ran into the Hills group who were moving their electric glow cart to the front of the park. Denise was with the group, and she stopped me to tell me how upset she still was because I "stood her up" at the Magic Kingdom after Merchentainment on Monday. I tried explaining that I texted her on my way out of class, which she said she never received. I told her to consider a second chance, as I am giving it an effort. Definitely made my day down, since I'd never do that to a girl. She's definitely something...
  • Clocked off at 8PM after finishing our final training material, which was a review of how everything went with all three trainers
Once clocking off, we walked through the Studios, as Zach is easily lost. I turned around at one point to go back to Sid's by the entrance telling Zach I'd be right back. I ended up going to get the gal's number that I had talked Star Wars with, but they had closed and locked all the doors while helping the last guests. Hopefully I'll run into her again.

Also, I'm great at disappearing so I found out today.

That about covers the highlights of today...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Josh, Love all the updates! Just curious what you meant by "Sash" you mentioned your coordinator was going to try to get you one?

    Kate
    http://whereinternshipdreamscometrue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Kate! I'm trying my best to keep up with it all, given it's 3AM and I just completed another entry...

      There are three options that are given for Cast Member pin trading. The first is typically the Pin Lanyard, which are given to Cast Members based upon their status and/or area. The next is the hip pin lanyard, which attaches to the pants/belt loop of the pants, which is essentially just a fabric square. Last, the Pin Sash which most leaders have. It's essentially a adjustable fabric sash, which a pin lanyard square at the end, which also doubles as a pocket. Think of it as a bag but with a pin lanyard at the end.

      I hope the clears things up. Have a Magical Day!

      Delete
    2. Ahh! Thanks, I understand now. I had a lanyard but I would have preferred the Hip lanyard as the regular hurt my neck after 8 hours! I sometimes would take it off and put it in my pocket because it hurt and just tell people I didn't have any pins. Not very magical!

      Kate
      http://whereinternshipdreamscometrue.blogspot.com/

      Delete