Sunday, June 09, 2013

Princesses' Plush Angel

Day 20 -- Saturday, June 8 -- Princesses' Plush Angel

I'm going to try and make this a bit quicker than usual since it's 1AM and I'm up at 5AM:


  • Woke up at 10AM after figuring out my schedule, and ended up taking the bus shortly after noon.
  • Ran into Teph on the bus, who was pleasantly surprised to see me and sat next to me while I listened to every single story she had to talk about. I figured out about the older Rachel, who she was best friends with.
  • Teph got off the bus, and went to costuming with me as she had to pick up her outdoor costume running past me in short shorts at one point.
  • Went to costuming to pick up another set of suspenders and apron since I dropped all my suspenders the other day when picking up my Animation costume
  • For some reason the items weren't returned from previously, which were the suspenders. It turns out that something happened with the system and I had to keep checking back, but in the meantime anything else would be special issue which I'll go into at a later point in time.
  • Told the costuming gal (who was understandably new) who told me she didn't know and a seniority costuming member just started pulling every pair of Navy suspenders out to check. There ended up being several pairs that were't taken out of the system for people which was ridiculous. We went through at least 50 pairs.
  • At the end of it all it was explained that since they were removed from the pants, they would just return from the laundromat sometime soon, and be scanned back in, which would result in it dropping. I made a point to talk to the lady on Thrursday/Friday before dropping them, but she didn't care.
  • Met Teph at Take 5, and visited her before work since she got the place she wanted
  • Worked the food are today from 1PM to 10PM which was really nice since the day went by fairly quickly given the rate of guests.
  • Every single time it was time for break, I had to be pulled away from helping people. Ran into Teph and a few others since I sat next to her on my first break, just putting my feet up. At lunch at 3PM as well.
  • During my first break sitting next to her, she told me more about her twin who works Animal Kingdom. She showed me a picture on the bus. At one point she called me Joshy too... which is a story for another time.
  • Went back, and then sent to a second break after a bit which was already put in for me but the girl didn't tell me.
  • Talked to Adam before going to break, who said 30 minutes from when he showed me his phone was fine, and I'd be fine since it was a paid break.
  • Went back to Take 5, picked up some Jello. Made the decision to stay away from the usual group and go sit by myself since I wanted to put my feet up. Ended up walking past the gal I worked with yesterday, who use to work CP housing security and has told me a lot of things. Talked for a bit and she advised me of a few things. She went back and I finished mine up.
  • Made it back to Sweet Spells, which was pulling, then moving to ringing as we rotated and Adam asked since he needed people to break and I was the only one able to figure it out.
  • While I was pulling, I ran in the back to grab gloves and saw none other than the wonderful Donald training new recruits! Waved to him while walking back out and he said hello.
  • They eventually made their way out, and I ended up doing pulling with the gal he was training, while the other one was trained on register. Adam had called for the other gal to get registered trained since she didn't really know which is why I jumped in.
  • Had an awesome time teaching the other gal how to do everything, who was super cautious such as in changing her gloves when she picked something up from the ground and what have you. I think Donald appreciated it since he was really busy teaching just the register.
  • The trainee thanked me a bunch, and said in front of Donald I was a great help which he already knew since he trained me last week and said they all had high expectations of me!
  • While working production we had a little girl come up who was holding an Angel plush. I comment on the princesses' Angel plush, asking if she's taking good care of her. She nods, and I tell her Stitch would be very happy. Her mom then chimes in that she had a birthday pin at EPCOT, but took it off since she was getting too much attention and smiling. I then said "I think I feel a song coming on" and started singing Happy Birthday to her, while the trainee slowly chimed in and Donald jumped in singing even louder. She loved the Angel comment, but when Donald did his voice it was so adorable.
  • Adam came back and asked if I'd cover register again, since the line was backing up with just the trainee. The one gal that was supposed to be ringing just walks away without telling anyone, which annoys me to nothing else, especially when you're the only one there.
  • Had my Aussie back since yesterday and she was doing production. Got her to say Water which makes my day. :)
  • Figured out the register again switching every other guest so the trainee could learn, and Donald had confidence in her.
  • When Adam asked if I was fine doing register, I told him I'm smart enough to just figure it out which he thanked me for.
  • Since we lost track of the time, Adam came and grabbed me just a few after. He stood at the Register until I was done with the guest I was with, and helped me get them going since he needed me. We walked back to clock, then talked for a bit. He's also from Colorado which I figured out my second day training in Villains, and we've been talking ever since. We talked for a bit about Training, since I really enjoy doing it, and just understanding what they're going through which I explained we all have at some point. He then told me not to go anywhere, and pulls out a Great Service card filling it out on the spot. I thanked him, and talked to him about a few smaller things, then went off.
  • Locked my bag in my locker, which Adam thankfully came and opened up after I stopped Brad.
  • The buses just annoyed everyone like nothing else today. Since the E bus for the CP's to/from the Studios are always small and messed up, we ended up having an issue. The 10pm bus didn't show so every single group doubled since we couldn't all get on. It was the stupidest craziest thing I had ever seen, and everyone just killing each other to rush was beyond stupid.
  • While on the bus, I talked to the British gal standing in front of me who told me she worked merch at the Poly.
  • Walked home with Zach since he's an apartment building over and I saw him at the bus stop. He made the point that it was ridiculous that we had to share the bus with "Smelly people who had been playing in the parks all day" whereas I told him it would make sense to let those who had been on their feet working all day get home first.
  • Had a wonderful time texting Lyanne today who arrives on Monday! The number one thing I've been looking forward to.
  • I'll be driving tomorrow since I'm going to SWW. It means parking at EPCOT, which I'm fine with.
I absolutely love seeing little kid's faces light up more than anything else, which absolutely made my day more than anything. It may be a bit audacious at times, but we've got to put ourselves out there at times. Life's what you make it.

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment