Thursday, June 06, 2013

Haunted Rainy Days

Day 16 -- Tuesday, June 4 -- Haunted Rainy Days

My actual day off this week, just tried to make the most of it all:


  • Woke up at 8AM after my alarm went off, and my roommate jumped out of his bed as well and went on his computer. Got ready for the day as I had planned on going shopping at Wal-Mart.
  • Picked up Rachel since she wanted to go as well and pick up her meds. Went shopping and got the food that everyone needed since we're on a "You buy this and rotate" schedule which they think will even everything out since we buy the same things. She grabbed an electric cart since she still wasn't feeling too good.
  • Went by the Nike outlet for a new pair of black tennis shoes which are allowed at work. My trainer recommended Black Nike Air shoes, which I purchased; unfortunately they were only in wides which I'll return within the 30 day window. Also a note that there's a 10% discount if you show your cast ID.
  • Took Rachel back to Chatham, where I took care of her and she fell asleep on me after feeding her. I woke up to Ryan talking to both of us about random things once I woke up. He was playing Infinite when I fell asleep, but somehow ended up on the table my feet were on.
  • Since she wanted coffee, I got up and made coffee. It took some figuring out since my roommate had gone to Port Orleans for a run, which he left for before I fell asleep, which confused me. I later found out through facebook that he got himself lost without his car.
  • After having made Rachel coffee and her changing back into her own clothes, I took her back to Vista. She said bye, but forgot to text me again that she made it home safe.
  • Got home to my roommate blaring his music, which meant he had gotten in the shower as I told him to when I left to drop Rachel off. He was ready in a few minutes, but decided he'd rather drive to the Magic Kingdom than take the bus.
  • We drove to Disney University for Company D, then I showed him where Cast Connections and Property Control was. We found the exclusive Cast Connections which had all the damages/defects/older merchandise, which wasn't too interesting albeit they did ID people right at the door.
  • Parked at the Contemporary and walked over to the maingate of the Magic Kingdom. There are two security bag checks, one left and another right. From there, we both went left but my roommate disappeared and went right. While the guy was checking my bag, he got to my nametag, zipped up the pocket and whisked me off thanking me. 
  • Arrived at the Magic Kingdom Guest Relations, and I found out where to get a feather for my friend's Peter Pan hat, albeit the gentleman wasn't quite sure. Walked over to the hat place next to the confectionary, and was given a feather by a CP that my roommate knew.
  • Got fastpasses for Space Mountain, which we proceeded to forget about since it was later too late and rainy.
  • Rode Stitch's Great Escape, during which I maniacal laughed and a guest said "Oh, this is the Haunted Mansion!". 
  • Checked Be Our Guest numerous times throughout the night, which the last time we were told they just decided to stop everything.
  • Picked up a Dole Whip which was amazingly pineapply goodness which I've never had before. It also comes in Orange and Vanilla too.
  • Started our Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game, as we both lost our key cards.
  • Split up after checking BoG the second time, as he headed to take photos and I went towards Main Street
  • Found my friend, who was working the very first Main Street cart. She discreetly waved at me while I was walking up, then hugged me. She was the extra filler/runner and had nothing to do so we talked. I disappeared at one point, and she freaked but I showed up again. Since she was busy I said bye, and she gave me another hug telling me I better start texting her back.
  • Found Caleb again who had gone through the Haunted Mansion line in the meantime, and was lying on the queue ground taking pictures. After walking the roped-off Main Street, I saw him walking past me and we went to go ride The Haunted Mansion. The queue was short, and we got through quickly. During our ride it stopped, and I got a photo of the hallway we stopped in. He also got a photo with his SLR while I shined a light on it.
  • When we exited the Haunted Mansion the downpour had already started. It annoyed me more than anything that people were just rushing as a Mansion Cast Member was telling everyone to just move the hell out of the way, with no order at all. My roommate ran to a Merch location while I threw on my rain jacket.
  • From there, I ran over to the Village Haus, getting my shorts and bag soaked, but kept his tripod he handed me remotely dry. I sat at a bench for about an hour, while we waited it out which did nothing. He eventually met me, and we went to go find our other roommate, Alex with his friend.
  • We made it to Adventureland, and met Alex along with Emily after Caleb questioned the "we". Somehow the three of us got talked into riding Jungle Cruise with Caleb which was soaked, and got my bagged even more soaked. Everyone was just trying to stay dry, as the jokes were on that cruise.
  • Rode Pirates of the Caribbean and got a hello from the gal I ran into walking home the other day, then waved to the person above the entrance.
  • Came off of Pirates and heard a bunch of banging, which turned out to be Wishes still going off despite the rainfall. We walked next to the Crystal Palace and watched the remainder of Wishes which was truly Magical, despite the rain while all of the roommates sang along to the songs. Quite darling, really.
  • Since Emily wanted to stay as Wednesday was her day off, Alex decided to stay. Caleb was already planning on staying until midnight, which he later told me turned into being later because they didn't stop him because of our status.
  • Since I had responsibilities such as work, I went down and out to take the bus exiting through mid- Main Street. Since the fireworks had just gone off, everything was quiet.
  • On the bus ride out of Magic Kingdom I sat next to a very pretty (and beautiful) gal who smelled really good. The second bus ride went through the TTC, which was a long way in the downpour.
  • Arrived home shortly after 11PM, soaked. I stripped off all my wet clothing and shoes, then did the dishes while eating dinner.
  • Made it to bed around 11:30PM while watching Treasure Planet, which I fell asleep to. Later Woke up around 2AM to my roommate fast asleep, and my television off.
I'd have to say today was one of the many exciting days to come, as the Magic Kingdom reminds me why I came here in the first place. Every single time I need a reminder I just need to watch fireworks light up the beautiful castle.

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment