Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 32-36

Day 32-36

Day 32 -- Thursday, June 20 -- Went to leadership class at 9AM, went home and slept, then went to work Once from 3:45PM to 10:30PM. Introduced to friends from back home who were both really nice, a brother and sister. They received maingate tickets for their stay which was really courteous.

Day 33 -- Friday, June 21 -- Worked once again from 2:30PM to 10:15PM.

Day 34 -- Saturday, June 22-- Worked once from 3PM to 11PM, but this time my friend came to see me, who rode tower four times that night because of how slow it was and she had the day off. Two ceramic mugs and one snowglobe broke today, which I had the pleasure of dealing with. I picked up the larger pieces of the last mug myself since the Fantasmic crowd was leaving, and ended up realizing later that I had sliced my hand open. Gave Manuel a ride home after work.

Day 35 -- Sunday, June 23 -- Worked once for the last time in a bit from 3:45PM to 11PM which wasn't too bad. Tried opening one of our larger metal gates that have a stop catch for the vertical handle, with the catch going into my hand and causing it to swell up.

Day 36 -- Monday, June 24 -- Finally a change of pace working floorstock, but a bit different. Worked a 1:30PM to midnight shift. They decided to roll out a new "pick list" system that is typically done in the box stores, which I'm not going to go much detail in. The bottom line is that it hadn't been remotely tested in such a location before, that it really should have been a trial-and-error situation where we're looking to solve certain situational problems, and ask for feedback that we may find helpful. It just wasn't the most pleasant experience thus far, plus I was "informed" of my breaks.

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment