Friday, June 07, 2013

Shorts and Socks

Day 18 -- Thursday, June 6 -- Shorts and Socks

Quite the day today, and an early morning:


  • After writing a blog article and catching up on a few things, I ended up passing out around 4AM. The one thing you pick up on quickly is that you pass out a lot, no matter what given the combination of long days, heat, etc.
  • Woke up around (AM to turn my phone on since everyone wanted to go to Jimmy John's this morning. I fell back asleep and woke up 11AM to really loud music.
  • Got ready, and caught the 1PM bus again since I worked at 3:30PM instead of 3PM like yesterday. Since it was pouring all night, and all day I ended up walking through it all.
  • Ran into a gal who was going to the Studios. We talked for a bit, and I learned she worked Muppets. She told me a bunch of cool little things, and then left to get on the bus ahead of me.
  • Sat near a gal who worked Great Movie Ride who said random things the entire bus ride. We talked since she was slightly nervous about it all and the bus running late. We talked A/B and everything about GMR since I know the entire script and beyond. Really nice gal, and I actually saw her while waiting for the bus since GMR Tour Guide costumes are easy to spot. She arrived on the 27th.
  • Arrived at the Studios, albeit late thanks to the bus. The gal who worked Muppets said one last thing, and then walked off.
  • Went into costuming for my new fantastic costume which included shorts this time, and the first without suspenders for a change. (Which killed my back yesterday to the point this morning I wasn't feeling it)
  • Changed clothes, traded pins, and returned the film to the collection
  • Sat in the break room for a while, then received my assignment. I ended up at the outdoor character area. Thankfully I was with one of the Australian gals who is always a joy.
  • At one point one of the other girls tasking came up and asked "Why does it smell like vanilla, do you smell vanilla?". I walked over to my other coworker about five feet away and just smelled her shirt, and told her I didn't know which she got a laugh out of.
  • While working with any of the Australian gals, I slowly pick up their accent which sounds genuine. Since I've got an English tinge on it all, I kept it going most of the night until I stopped myself. I had several guests asking where I was from as well, given the accent. Just another exciting part to my day.
  • Had a little girl grab me and show me her stickers, which I just got on the ground and started complimenting both the princesses. Her sister came over and started doing the same, which I continued on. They both got a laugh and their Mum thanked me.
  • Later had a little boy playing with a ball, and I got down and played with him. The parents got a kick out of it, and I wish I would have kept on with it all.
  • Finished up in our area, and sent back to the main store. Stocked the majority of things and clocked at 11PM.
  • Randomly yelled out while helping out there that my socks have to be above my ankles while wearing socks, after having already worked 10 hours. Also had someone try and stop me thinking they saw black socks. This is serious.
  • Walked over across the way to say bye to Tony, as Beth and the other girls were on their way out to go to the party tonight. I really wanted to go but there will be later opportunities.
About to head off to bed here shortly since it's 1AM and I have to go make a run for my shoes tomorrow given I can figure things out. Also, my roommate is talking to himself while on the computer.

Another wonderfully interesting day. I really love the younger guest interaction beyond anything else, plus no suspenders. The one really cool thing is that the shirt that I had at least three Ariel's on it!

Have a Magical Day!

EDIT: I don't believe I mentioned it, but I did receive a tip from a women from France who was super nice. We talked for a bit, and she slid me a one dollar bill (which I did NOT accept for those about to say something) and walked out with her family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment