Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Show Firsts

Day 29 -- Monday, June 17 -- Show Firsts

Definitely a lot planned today that I had to look forward to:


  • Woke up at 6AM to get ready for the day.
  • Drove to work around 8AM, finding a pretty decent parking spot, about halfway through our parking 
  • Made decent time, walking a little bit quicker and clocking in on time before 9am. Saw Jason again who had beaten me from costuming, and told me to go to the same place, but Roger Rabbit.
  • Had another training class this time which was quite boring given it was a safety lecture with interactive assessments. We were threatened first thing that if we didn't participate or "disappeared" that we would be required to complete it once again. During the entire time the gal was talking I was slowly just closing my eyes, but not falling asleeep. The man who was her co-teacher pressing the button on the computer to progress the slideshow looked at me saying "Fall asleep one more time and I'll make you retake this course again". I then sat the rest of the class staring him in the eye. The safety class ended promptly at 10:30am, thankfully enough.
  • Went over to the food Sweets area, and received a break for one of the gals, which another gal thanked me for as it was "a break for everyone else". Spent the rest of the day working food, which seemed to go by slow since it was a daytime shift, but still nice. Never received my bumpout, so I was told to just go clock around quarter to 5pm so that I could leave on time. 
Since I had plans with a certain someone to go to Magic Kingdom to see the Electrical Light parade, I went home to change then to Magic Kingdom via one of the College Program buses. Right before leaving home I snarkily told Alex that I'd end up forgetting something anyways as I rushed out the door. The bus goes from the housing complexes to the Magic Kingdome Contemporary area, then Westclock. After waiting another 30 minutes for the bus, I ended up falling asleep as we pulled out of the last housing complex since it was one of the nicer buses. I fell asleep on the side, and ended up waking up with my headphones in at westclock, which was a bit of a surprise. I was planning on getting off at the contemporary and walking over. I finally decided to just work up the courage to go over to the westclock bus and make my way to the Magic Kingdom from there.

Ended up at PhillarMagic, and walked towards Adventureland to find my friend since she was working one of the food carts. I was heading to Jungle where she said she was originally, but ran into her near Tom Sawyer island. I walked around on the dock behind her while she finished up with a few other people, and then snuck up on her to say hello. There were two other guys who walked away a bit after, right when she received her bumpout to go put everything back. She asked me to go with her, but was fine if I didn't.

So the adventure begins, as I head towards Main Street Bakery to get pictures of the brand new Starbucks. When I arrived there were three people standing around a set of two ropes. I was informed by the gentleman with the MyMagic+ shirt that specified access was given out to certain people through a VIP ticketed way, which was limited (or something similar). I really wanted to write a post on it all, but didn't want to take out my ID and show him as it's really not fair to anyone else to try and gain access that way. I'm as equal as any other guest out there.

It then started raining, and I decided to just go back to catch the Westclock bus with her to get out of the rain. I waited for her to be done, and she finally met me by the stop after I had decided to go get some water since I had forgotten mine, when I ran into her in the hallway. We end up riding the bus back together to pick up her car, which I drive to the Contemporary as it's a whole lot closer of a walk, plus we can find it easier.

We start out by stopping at the Fire Station where she learns to play Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom which she didn't know about. From there we go through the Emporium as I look at the Monster's University shirts one more time, and then for the Monster's University hats, which I'm not surprised are gone given the premise of the film which most have yet to see.

Take a trek over to Pirates as we walk through Adventureland to get to as she points out everywhere she was working today, and telling me about her day. She grabs me and we go on Pirates which was supposed to be down as listed, but was still up. Loved Pirates, then went over to Peter Pan's Flight to see about a fastpass, which were all out and she didn't want to wait for the 50 minute line. We walked over to Journey, which we walked right on and was really quite nice! I got a lot of cool pictures on my phone since I kept putting my camera away given the weather. I then tried taking her on Dumbo since she hadn't been in a really long time, but she wanted to take me to Belle, but we ended up going to find some water. Our next stop was Gaston's, then Pinocchio since she wanted their pizza. We walked into Pinocchio which we were told was closed, then stopped by the bathrooms so I could get some water and played with her camera. We then walked to Tomorrowland, then dumbo again. We walked through the merchandise location there which was the equivalent of my work, with everything under the sun in it, including a sewing and food area. One of the gals we walked by said she had a pet giraffe with one of the invisible dog collars.

Went to Dumbo, which I decided not to, as she was busy on her phone. Since I had to guide her while walking to the castle which I saw lit up from a distance, I decided to try and find a spot. She ended up telling me that we better not, and guided me through Cosmic Ray's. From there, we went through Star Traders so I could look for my Jedi Mickey plush I've been wanting but to no avail. We did have a nice talk with a few Merchandise people, whom learned something new from me about merchandising.

Walked around Tomorrowland a bit longer, and decided upon the pathway by Stitch's Great Escape to watch the fireworks, which she really liked to watch Wishes. We both sung along to it, then she grabbed me after the finale, dragging me through the exiting crowd to go and get a spot for the Main Street Electrical Light Parade, and the Celebrate the Magic show in the meantime.

Had an amazing time watching the Celebrate the Magic castle show, which had most of the classic animated films, including Peter Pan, of which I got a photograph of on the castle. They began the show with Walt at his drawing board, and ended it with the wonderful quote,
"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing — that it was all started by a mouse."
The castle show finished, and the Electrical light parade began shortly thereafter. The parade consisted of Tinkerbell, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Elliot, and a few other floats. Since the parade began on the Main street area, it was headed towards Frontierland. Definitely a great show, and I wish I had brought me correct lens.

Walked out through Main Street, just admiring everything, including the Starbucks which had black tape over all of the windows. Just enjoyed the walk back the Contemporary which was nicely quiet since everyone else had already left or was waiting for a bus.

Stopped by Steak n' Shake on the way home since a certain someone has been wanting a banana shake, which she absolutely loved!

Definitely a day of many firsts. Have a Magical Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment