Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Most Magical Kingdom

Day 37 -- Tuesday, June 25 -- The Most Magical Kingdom

Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy:


  • Woke up at 7AM to go see Peter Pan with a friend, and catch rope drop.
  • Parked, and walked over to the Magic Kingdom entrance, making it just shortly after 8:30AM. Caught Magic Kingdom rope drop and welcome show for the second time, and the first during daylight hours. Read the "Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy" sign which she said she loves.
  • Made it into the Magic Kingdom, stopping by Guest Relations. Gave my pass to go get Peter Pan's flight fastpasses, which was down the majority of the morning anyways. Got a button written on in Guest Relations, which was later tattooed on my arm. Also asked about Peter Pan information, which was not true, as he no longer meets on the Terrace to Adventureland.
  • Made it to Peter Pan's flight via the walkway next to the castle going to Fantasyland. Took down a rope that several guests were jumping/climbing over to get through. I just eventually told everyone behind me to please wait as I unhooked the rope and set it to the side due to safety reasons of people climbing over it.
  • Peter Pan's Flight was closed, and Peter Pan and Wendy were nowhere to be found. I asked the guest relations gentleman based at Phillarmagic, who told me they would be in the alcove near the small world ride, which again wasn't quite correct.
  • Decided to go to the Tangled area to look for Pascals which we couldn't find besides the one farther up.
  • Since we were both hungry we looked for breakfast food, but she decided on Sleepy Hollow's which had waffles. As long as it had powdered sugar she was content, so we split the strawberries and cream funnel cake while sitting on the bridge to Fantasyland. The chairs were wet and birds flocked around, but we had a great time getting powdered sugar everywhere. I'd advise not wearing black pants when eating powdered sugared items.
  • Went back to Fantasyland, and finally found Peter Pan with Wendy Darling in the alcove near Peter Pan's Flight. Since they were about to leave, the attendant said that they'd be back at 10:10AM.
  • We then decided to go walk to Main Street to find the Dapper Dans performing at 9:45AM who passed us on the trolley as they were going towards the barbershop. Definitely funny.
  • Decided to go back to find Peter Pan's line, and just waited until he returned from his flight. The character attendant started lining the three people up, and we were second. Peter and Wendy returned, which was wonderfully pleasant. The Peter Pan was the same exact one from the morning Train rope drop, which I found cool as were most the morning characters around the park. Definitely a very young Peter Pan. When it was our turn we had an excellent time chatting with Wendy and Peter. I asked about Tinker Bell, who Peter said was quite busy, but still pulling Wendy's hair all the time. They saw my Autograph book, which Wendy paused at since it was a hand-made Walt Disney  under Sleeping Beauty castle photo book, then started saying about how they flew on the side of the castle while Peter and her giggled on. We got a few photos, then I got out of the way while she took a photo with Pan, and Wendy ignored me as she was focused on the Character attendant on the other side of the wall.
  • After everything, we received my camera and autograph book back, then walked around the Magic Kingdom. Went through Fantasyland, then turned to Tomorrowland, and ended up on the People Mover which she really liked. We royally waved at our subjects passing by throughout the duration of the ride.
  • Decided to head back, and walked through Main Street where the stage show was going on, and got a few castle photos. Exited via the Main Street Emporium, which we had a moment of me yelling at her "We Keep Moving Forward" during a comical conversation, and she turned around yelling "I'm looking back! I'm looking back!" while I was holding her hand through the Emporium, dragging her.
  • Went to the Contemporary to visit Lyanne, but with no luck. Still walked around.
  • Drove back home, got changed and showered then took her back home so she could get ready for work.
  • Returned to the Magic Kingdom with quite some time for her to go to work, then walked her into work.
  • Spent some time in the park, and had the pleasure of finally meeting the fantastic Kate! We walked around Fantasyland riding Journey of the Little Mermaid, then rode the train to Frontierland. Rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which was my second time this program. From there we checked Pecos Bill's for the Lone Ranger boot mug which was completely sold out, then went to Pirates of the Caribbean which was awesome, as usual. I've noticed more mermaids this time too. Walked around Adventureland for a bit, and headed towards Main Street. Looked for Gerry in the Emporium, whose car was at home when I left, but gone when I returned around 8:30PM. Introduced her to Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, which she progressed more than halfway through the first level. Walked through the right side and Confectionary, then said adieu.
  • Made it to West clock, and just barely missed the bus. Waited another half-hour so I did a little project, and finally caught the second bus that showed up that went directly home.
  • Went out to Dinner with my roommates, with Caleb driving since my car was still at Vista. They threw me in the very back since he has a van with no middle seats. With his beefed up speakers, the subs gave heart palpitations. Bought Caleb and Alex dinner, as they said they were my dates. Ate a bit more than I should have, but at least I got the cinnamon roll that I was wanting since earlier that morning. I did talk both guys into eating the half-baked mush brownies covered in powder sugar which we shall now refer to as "crack brownies". Went to the Dollar store and Disney store there, with the latter being knock-offs.
  • Since I ended up getting quarters at the Dollar store, I did my Laundry most of the rest of the night. Between doing my budget, talking to the guys with Emily, and doing my laundry the evening went by quite quickly. Emily asked me how I met her. We also went into a weird random conversation about Alex and Caleb are Emily's gay dad's who have an open relationship. Emily was excited to make a family tree since I have a "daughter".
  • After my laundry was done in the dryer, I called Isho while folding everything. She had fun just talking random stuff while I kept asking how she was doing. Finally finished up our conversation after thinking I wouldn't make it to Vista on the bus, which wouldn't ever happen.
  • Made it to Vista and picked up my car!
Overall, another wonderfully excellent day off. I really appreciated Kate taking the time out of her day to hang out, which was definitely a blast and I'm sure we'll be going to more parks soon! Also glad I finally tracked down Peter Pan, who  I will more than likely find again soon when he arrives from Neverland.

Anyways, a busy day tomorrow! Have a Magical Day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! We should definitely meet up again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kate! It was an excellent pleasure, and I hope we have the opportunity to do so again soon. :)

      Have a Magical Day!

      Delete