Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trading Lightsaber Master

Day 22 -- Monday, June 10 -- Trading Lightsaber Master

Thankfully a somewhat relaxing day after the wonderfully awesome day yesterday:

  • Got up around 9AM since my roommate was getting up, and had to get up anyways for a bit. After finally actually waking up, I realized that it was check-in for Lyanne, who I was so excited for. We talked most of the day and are hoping for Downtown Disney on Tuesday/Wednesday.
  • Went on my computer to look up a few things, including my schedule once again. 
  • Talked to Caleb, and we both requested Wednesday, October 2nd off for the Disney Food Blog Dessert Party at EPCOT. We decided to wait to purchase tickets until we get paid next Thursday. It took him a while to realize that it was Monday, even after I had been excitedly yelling that Lyanne was finally here! They days do tend to blend together, but moreso for me since I'm not allowed a watch.
  • Went back to bed after talking with Ryan and Caleb for a while. They blasted music (techno/dance) while I was on my phone in bed and eventually just fell asleep. I woke up a few times to get up. Had a major headache the first time. The second time was just because a bad dream, which happened all afternoon. One of the main reason I don't sleep very much is because when I actually do get a decent amount of sleep, I end up having really freaky nightmares due to my stress.
  • Got up for good after waking up the second time. Ate while watching Ellen since her show had just started at 3PM. Left the Television on, got ready, and left.
  • Took the bus at 4PM and arrived shortly after 5PM. Made use of the ride by writing up a few recipe lists which I am looking to expand. While on the bus I talked with a gal from GMR, who said about three words to me. 
  • Made it to work at 5:30, rushed through costuming, and got dressed. My suspenders have yet to be taken off, which I will wait two weeks and follow-up on. I dropped them off with my yellow suspenders the other day as I mentioned but it won't hurt digging through Caleb's piles of clothes.
  • After getting dressed, Brad walked in for high-end animation. Since we're out of all merchandise ties for one reason or another, he unfortunately got a gangster tie. I'm hoping to get one soon as they're really cool blue ties next to the Guest Services ties.
  • Put my stuff away, and went to go clock on, but ran into a big leader meeting which I didn't want to walk into the middle of just to get to the computer. Walked to Take 5 after sitting with Zach, who reminds me of Mr. ShawnKevin from back home. We now have a joke that they ask him where he works when he's wearing the one High-end Animation merchandise costume that there is for just the gallery.
Clocked on right on time, and went to work. Started with stocking mugs which was pretty straight forward, but forgot I was tasked for only 30 minutes as I was use to someone switching with me. Had to go walk over to Legends to help with a return since the one gal was by herself. From there...
  • Had one of the coordinators come up to me while a Manager was telling me something about filling, and that she needed me to go get a new assignment since it was an hour over.
  • Received a new assignment, and bumped the girl Jess out from register after we talked for a bit, then she said bye.
  • Cashiered until I received my break, then walked over to Once. Just so happen to run into the one gal, Meghan who has been super flirty. Ended up stopping to talk with her for a bit, and helping her with Jewelry since she couldn't figure it all out. After helping her with that, we went to break, which she said was a coincidence when she received her break. Ended up sitting next to her in Take 5 for a bit, then went back after she said bye.
  • Cashiered the remainder of the night. Thankfully things went by quick since I was in the vinylmation area, and at least had excitement with everyone purchasing vinylmation, opening them, and trading them.
  • At one point in the night a family of hard-core pin and vinyl traders came by, and the dad had an entire Jessica Rabbit pin lanyard, which was cool. They came back twice throughout the night, as did a few other families.
  • One girl bought a Maleficent watch, and asked if I could check on her whereabouts. The guy I called was very somber and kind of snooty about it all saying he "just had today's schedule" and more or less hung up on me. She said she was trying really hard to get her, but I apologized. She did end up coming back later to trade pins with me, which was cute. Kind of reminded me of my best friend Lauren...
  • Had a family of a Mom, Dad, and Daughter. The daughter really wanted an Ewok vinylmation from the Star Wars #3, so they bought two. Ended up with Lando for both. The dad picked a third, and ended up with one of the two ewoks which were furry. Really kind of funny. Also learned that the Chaser is Bounty Hunter Leia without her mask.
  • Had someone trade an Obi-Wan Kenobi in.
  • Traded a lot of pins including quite a few new pin traders, which was neat. Ended up with a Cast Member exclusive pin which I intend on trading up for other Cast Member exclusives.
  • Had my coordinator toss me a lightsaber since I "looked like I could use it" which I twirled around for a bit like a bo staff. Had a lot of fun with it and a few kids were amazed. There's just limited room with it all.
Overall a pretty mellow day. Going to bed here soon around 3AM. Tomorrow's plans include Dunkin' Donuts with my flatmates and Animal Kingdom for a while to visit my roommate, plus a picture. It's still a maybe on the Magic Kingdom (weekly thing), Going out with Lyanne, or visiting with Mr. Darren with a possibility of Top of the World!

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment