Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Crazy Hazy Bus Days

Day 15 -- Monday, June 3 --Crazy Hazy Bus Days

First, let me open by saying this; While on the program you won't realize or even differentiate a Sunday from a Wednesday, as every single day is busy. You will lose track of time, especially when you aren't allowed a watch. My goodness, the day that was today:

  • Fell asleep a bit after 3AM this morning, after getting off around 2AM as everyone else was 'offered' ER's. I chose to stay, and ended up filling, in addition to checking dates. Took some meds to sleep a bit better, and called it a night.
  • Woke up at noon, after waking up several times thanks to my roommate. The one thing he likes to do is blare dance/techno music while he's taking a shower for some reason, which is beyond me. Anyways, I got up after he made the comment of "That's all your going to do today?" on his way out the door which caused me to get up.
  • After getting up, I made a quick breakfast while talking to Alex who was lying on the floor while Ryan got dressed and Emily was sitting on the couch. They all started talking about their encounters since Ryan and Emily work custodial together in Epcot. I mentioned the protein spill the day and they started on a tangent of code V's. At one point I took Emily's fold from her pocket and read through it all quickly memorizing and testing her.
Alex decided that he wanted to go to a water park after Emily brought up their wonderful trip to Blizzard Beach. Him and I decided upon Typhoon Lagoon, which is where the fun began...

Since I wasn't fully awake, and Ryan made it clear that he didn't have Wednesday off, and wasn't the only working, while everyone else had Wednesday off, I was thoroughly confused and convinced that today was Tuesday given the fact of it all. Assuming that it was Tuesday in my half-asleep manner, I knew that I had Tuesday off. This then ensued in me getting ready to go to the water park, until...

We ended up on the Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon bus. While waiting the few minutes that we did for the bus, I saw Steph who was in her High-end merch polka-dot dress. When we got on the bus with all the lifeguards, I texted her, which then reminded me it was Monday, not Tuesday. I then told Alex that I'm sorry that I couldn't go with him to the water park as I just realized (thanks to Steph) that I had work today at 4PM, and it was already 2:30PM. From there, the adventure continued:

  • We took the bus all the way through Downtown Disney while the bus driver sat at one stop for the longest time saying he "needed to go to the bathroom" and proceeded to read the paper, get of the bus, walk five feet, and get back on the bus over the course of about 10-15 minutes.
  • Arrived back at Chatham, and booked it to the apartment. Look at the bus schedule for the next arrival for Hollywood Studios which was at 3:21PM. I hurriedly changed out of my surf clothes into shorts and an undershirt with dress shoes.
  • Called the hotline for call-ins letting them know I'd possibly be late due to the reason that I didn't have the proper outdoor location costume. 
  • Caught the 3:21PM bus after finding out that previous one had broken down, dropping everyone at Vista. I figured out later that it had broken down for my coworker Zach on his way in as well, and just passed one on the way home...
  • The bus arrived early at 4PM, and I booked it to costuming. I asked the first costuming cast member I saw for the outdoor costumes, who looked dumbfoundedly at me. 
  • A nice gal who worked another outdoor location just grabbed me, and dragged me down the aisle pointing to where they were. They're hideously ugly shirts and brown pants that are hard to miss is why. Grabbed the previous pant size (there is a short option, just not enough time) from my high-end merch, and a small shirt (which are thankfully xs-s-m-l, etc) as well as the apron and hat.
  • While heading to the men's bathroom changing area, I ran into Brad who verified what I needed, and I changed into my pants. The rest of the clothing I seriously threw on while running to clock on, including my shirt, apron, and hat. 
  • Made it at... *drum roll please* 4:12PM to clock on for work, then received my location at 4:15PM!
Assigned to the outdoor location that is covered with fans, which wasn't too bad. The pants were hard to get use to, and I was "advised" upon the hat option as one of the managers would yell at me about not wearing the horrendous thing. One of my friends was there, popping in and out as she was assigned outdoor drinks as well. From there, the highlights of my night were:
  • Had a little princess in a stroller with her Mum, who I said "Hello Princess!" too and she started giggling so cutely. She then in the cutest voice possible said "Mommy, why do they always call me a princess? I'm not!". I then told her that she really is a princess, and Mommy is the Queen, so to watch her at all times! The little girl would not stop giggling the whole time, and that's why I love my job. :)
  • My friend was about three feet from me, asked why I was smiling so big and laughing. I told her that it was because the little girl was so cute, and that I seriously wanted one. She cooed at it all and had a big smile on her face as well.
  • Had an older princess walk into the shoppe, who I stopped and courtesly bowed to calling Princess Ariel. She slightly freaked while yelling at her Mom later that "See, somebody finally got it!". 
  • A foreign lady tried to con me with her room key by grabbing handfuls of keychains, then charging them with her key to the world. I don't know if she was just daft charging $150 to her room, or trying to steal. Either way she moved quickly picking up the bag and forgetting her receipt, which I recovered. Didn't have security's number to call on it.
  • Forgot my paperwork and lanyard the first half of my shift, along with my wallet and phone because I was in such a hurry with it all.
  • Had a younger gal come and flirt with me, purchasing a set of Minnie ears. There's a pattern where these younger girls come up, hand me what they want and then giggle or bite their lips. Mothers then typically hand them the money, and then they hand it to me.
  • Picked up my friends' accent after talking with her for a while, which she got a serious kick out of. I have an English accent, which was a twist of hers and my English accent, which I figured sounded like I was from the northern UK. I had to force myself to stop when a few English folk came around.
  • While playing with a light swords, twirling it and using it as a cane, I realized that I'm truly living many people's dreams. Just standing in the middle of Hollywood and seeing the entire street lit up, and hearing fireworks go off in the distance is just truly surreal.
  • On the bus ride on the way home people started singing "Gaston" and "Part of Your World" which furthermore turned into someone demanding they shut up because they left work to get away from it. From there, the started reciting the monorail spiel. 
One of my coworkers came by to say hello since she had gotten off at 8PM, and was going to run around the park for a while. She said hello, then ran off after telling me she'd better see me on the bus. Once I did get off, I met her at the bus and we rode to Chatham. I had told her before that I had my car here, and we rode over to McDonald's after she was indecisive about things. She met my chaotic roommates, which I had to drag her away from saying everything on her mind to. We decided upon McDonald's upon my four other ideas, talking about a few personal things, her moreso than I. I figured a few things this evening:
  • You need to do YOU, and be concerned about what's best for you. Even if it's doing your own thing.
  • Everyone's here for their own reason whether it be personal growth, further advancement, or some of those who are here just to party and have "fun". It's the decision that they have made with their life in this point in time.
  • You don't know everything about everyone, until you take the time to sit down and talk with them. Everyone has their own personal stories.
  • All things happen for a reason, good or bad. People come and go out of our lives for a reason, fact in case.
I may or may not go in depth about a few of these points, but they at least give a broad spectrum about what this entire program is about. I really wish I could say things were different, but they are what people make of the opportunities that are handed to them.

Live Long and Prosper. Live life to the fullest. Keep Moving Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment