Thursday, June 20, 2013

Crowded Adventures

Day 31 -- Wednesday, June 19 -- Crowded Adventures

Another wonderfully amazing day off, and the first to be twice in a row...

  • Woke up around 10AM after getting to bed after 4AM since certain people wanted to talk to the early parts of the morning.
  • Went to Target and Downtown Disney to look for Disney-approved sunglasses which was to no avail. Since I was driving her car to go shopping (because of her feet) she was playing music. At one point she played Disney which we both sang along to, and then another song which she totally jammed out to and made me laugh.
  • Drove back home to get changed, ready then back to Magic Kingdom. On the way home I realized the Sunglasses place right next to our housing communities.
  • Got ready, and took the EPCOT bus back, then woke Kelsey up since she had work at 4PM. Drove her to Magic Kingdom after convincing her to go to work, which took a lot of work, and carrying around so she'd move.
  • Drove to Magic Kingdom really quickly as she told me how to get quicker and a few other things. She got a laugh out of my ID in the steering wheel to show them.
  • Dropped her off at Magic Kingdom costuming to exchange out her shoes since they were soaked and worn from last night, which is a complete story in and of itself. Went to go park, and as she was walking out of costuming with somewhat of a better mood since they switched out the shoes to ones that she wanted in the first place, even though they normally don't.
  • Took her personal shoes back to the car so she could see where it was, and then took the Westclock bus. The guard got a laugh out of me not showing him a photo ID which I'll keep in mind from now on.
  • Ran "through" the Magic Kingdom with her as she showed me the Bistro and the "shed" that she typically works in. She gave me a hug and went to work quarter after. Saw a sign while running through that the hours today for the Magic Kingdom were extended until midnight!
  • Met Caleb and one of his coworkers at the Train Station after running partway through the Emporium to find Rae. Took the RR to Fantasyland, then took the path to Tomorrowland to get Space Mountain Fastpasses, which I passed on given it was out until 9-10pm.
  • Went on the Peoplemover, then Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin after a really long wait. Ended with about 135,000 or so.
  • Went to Peter Pan's flight to get a Fastpass which I'll be keeping since it was out so late.
  • Went to the firehouse for Sorcerer's cards, and traded a little boy. Stopped by Guest Relations inquiring about Peter Pan merchandise and their pin book. Played sorcerer's for quite a while, then went for Pirates of the Caribbean which had the weirdest line since only one side was open. Had a nice chat with a family who had never been on the ride, reassuring them that it was not a water roller coaster
  • Went to PhilharMagic, then the gift shop since I was referred there by guest relations who was unsure of where to find Peter Pan merchandise.
  • Rushed up to Casey's Corner whilst the Main Street Electrical Parade was starting, which wasn't too bad to navigate since I know how to get past everyone walking through shops. Found Caleb and his coworker walking through the Main Street Emporium looking for Rae, who had left at 7pm. They decided to go to Jungle Cruise after I told them I was going to Village Haus to find Rae.
  • Found Rae at Village house after she doubted I'd make it even to Casey's through the parade. We talked for a bit while she ate her pepperoni pizza, which was enjoyable. Walked with her to go get ice cream, and she eventually found her mickey sandwich. Right then I received a text from Kelsey, who I ran back to Village Haus to get a pizza, after having apologized to Rae who was going to watch Wishes. Picked up a chicken pizza, which I was given the smallest of small boxes by the lady working the counter who just threw it at me, more or less.
  • Since she didn't know when she was going to break, I decided to go find Rae again who was on the Tomorrowland side where we picked up her Ice cream. Since I was on the Adventureland side I went over to Jungle Cruise, which turned out that they were going on break.
  • I apologized to Rae, and went back to the Bistro after navigating through the really really slow crowd exiting right before Wishes. Took the longer way since I couldn't figure the other way out, and finally made it. Thankfully they were given until 11pm for a break, so I sat with everyone while they ate. She really enjoyed her pizza, and thanked me.
  • Said bye, and then headed back to Westclock parking lot. Ran into a few princesses' friend on my way out to the bus. 
  • Caught the bus, and sat next to a very nice gal from Entertainment who lives in Vista. She told me all about her College Program thus far, and how she arrive on the exact same date as me. Definitely looked quite tired, and she told me that she just planned on going home to sleep after a 15 hour work day.
Definitely a different day today, and I'm working on my patience once again. Just need to learn that everyone's a bit new to it all, and we're all trying our best.

Anyways, looking forward to my bed and sleep tonight as tomorrow is class and work!

Have a Magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment