Monday, June 10, 2013

Star Wars Weekends Finale

Day 21 -- Sunday, June 9 -- Star Wars Weekends Finale

Wow! What a wonderful day to be had today, and the best so far to boot... Where to start:


  • Had the pleasure of waking up at 5AM, driving to EPCOT at 6PM for Cast parking. Made it in good time, arriving at the Studios at about 6:30AM. Had an excursion getting to the main entrance since we've got so many secret ways, but a GR Cast Member helped me. Walked right through Mr. Taylor's line where I received a red wristband and a fastpass between 1030 and 1045, whereas he started at 945 for signings.
  • Went by costuming to look for a locker and verify I had available pants. Walked back through bag check and got in line, where I met a nice family with a boy who's birthday it was. He fought lightsabers with me at one point which was pretty fun.
  • The gates were opened at 7:30AM per usual for pre-park openings. I grabbed a locker right as they started, and the Stormtroopers did their opening Star Wars Weekends spiel for the last time this year. It's always amazing at how they start it because one of the Stormtroopers shoots off his gun, which is a flare, which causes the top of the clothiers to go off, which always freaks everyone given it's so early.
  • Got a few good pictures of the Stormtroopers, then went to go look for Rachel who was working in Legends but later told me the back. Walked through Villian's where Meghan waved to me, and later told me to come back. She's super cutely attached for some reason...
  • Went over to Toy Story Midway Mania where the fastpass line was about as long (if not longer) than the actual line to get onto the ride. Decided to walk right onto the ride, and received a fastpass afterwards for about 11:30 to 12:30 which was too late given I had work at noon.
  • Walked over to Star Tours after checking a few Character locations, but the Jedi were not out. Went to Start Tours, and had the red time card thrown at me after the guy scanned it. I got a picture of it on Star Tours. Received the Coruscant and Tatooine version this time.
  • Ran back to my locker at the front of the park as I planned on seeing characters for the remainder of the day. The first I got in line for were the Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Stormtrooper Donald, and Darth Goofy. Since everyone was rotating I had my fingers crossed for Mickey and Minnie, but ended up with everyone sans Jedi Mickey. While waiting in line 45 minutes I ran into the nice family from the main gate, and talked with him since he ended up right in front of me. We talked the whole time, and then I talked with the Character Attendant while I was waiting. Since I had my Autograph book on me, she looked at it, taking it and saying she was so jealous. She explained that Minnie couldn't walk too far, which is why she had her reasoning. I told her after her spiel that I knew it all too well and she gave me a two finger head point-off.
  • Met with Goofy, Donald, and Minnie who were all super sweet and touching. Goofy at one point, pointed to my lightsaber and started swinging his around. Since it doesn't expand, we 'fought' a bit then he hit his. I told him we'd have to get it fixed and he laughed.
  • Headed back to Villians to spend some time with Megan since she snap chatted me that she wanted me to come say hello again.
  • My next adventure was to Darth's mall in hopes of seeing Luke or Leia. When I arrived, everyone was crowding around the door for pictures with the mannequins. I walked a few feet where the line separated into the mall, and went into the merch area after being told it would be a 45 minute wait, which I didn't have since it was later.
The next event was the best part of my day, and honestly the best thing in my life thus far, which was meeting Mr. James Arnold Taylor himself! I consider him to be one of my mentors as he's a wonderfully positive inspiration, and such a joyful guy. We've both been through quite a lot of the same things in life, and I think it's why we both have such a positive optimistic look out on life. Made my 10:30AM fastpass right on time, even earlier. I ended up being the very last person in line since I allowed the older lady go in front of me as she had trouble standing for long periods of time, but had a giant picture from the 2011 Star Tour inauguration. I handed my camera to one of the gals helping out, and had already given my bag to another. When it was my turn, I walked over to Mr. Taylor and shook his hand, thanking him. He began by saying "May the Force be with you". I asked him about Mrs. Parker (his publicist) and he told me that since he's been at Star Wars Weekends for over the past month, that he'd be looking forward to my hand written letter and Obi Wan Kenobi figure. We talked a bit longer as he signed my autograph book, and a profile picture of himself, asking my name. We then took a few pictures together, and I thanked him going on my way. I was so nervously giddy from it all that I forgot my bag (which was hidden) and went off to the Great Movie Ride.
  • Planned on going to the Great Movie Ride, which was harder to get to with the Motorcade about to occur...
  • The next adventure was to go get a Darth Vader Peanut Butter cupcake, which I should have gotten at Darth's Mall. Anyways, I ended up taking a trek to the ABC Commissary which was out the door. I decided it was too ridiculous, and walked over to Pizza Planet which was even works for a 20 minute wait in a lined queue. Received my cupcake, took a photo, and at it as quickly as possible. It really was excellent with chocolate cake, a layer of peanut butter butter-cream with a milk chocolate shell over it, and a solid chocolate Darth Vader. I had people ask us for it all day, which I knew exactly where to go, and Lizzie said it was overzealous listing every location.
  • After eating, I headed back over to the Great Movie Ride. While walking back over, the motorcade had ended and the stage welcoming was commencing. I saw Paul siting in Mr. Taylor's convertible as a driver, since he's a character attendant. Made it to the Great Movie ride, learning that it was a 20 minute wait. After walking through the memorabilia room I made the decision to just leave and text Blaine, which I did prior to clocking.
  • Headed to costuming, cutting through head to toe all the way to the darkroom, which I beat the return motorcade. I was walking next to the cars as they all entered backstage, as I was walking. I saw Peter Mayhew, Billy Dee, Ashley, and James. I saw Ashley sitting on her phone, and she looked just like a little kid. I had the pleasure of seeing James again, who was relaxing in the seat, and waved at everyone they drove past. He waved at me, gave me a head nod in recognition, then said hey.
  • Switched into my costume and dropped my back back in my locker
Not too crazy of a day today as I worked 1215pm to 915pm, as things went by quickly as it was quite busy. Since we had a really hot day and we were all really busy, they got us a slushy machine in the back, which Meghan told me before I even clocked on. Worked food today, and had a fun time with it. Had a lot of requests for Vader cupcakes and ice cream, which I all directed the correct way. Had a lot of sass from Tony today, who's the life of it all. I accidentally made a "top" joke which almost killed him of hilarity. They thankfully all calmed down once Lizzie left along with the full time folks. Had both my breaks where I texted Miss Nicole. Both I made the decision to sit by myself since I was really kind of needing it all. The second time since I saw Beth, I stopped near the end. I sat next to her for a bit, and we talked about House of Blues tonight and how some crazy guy tried taking her last time, and I wished she'd please be careful. I was on my phone a bit (which I usually don't do around gals that I care about, just super busy with things today) and she saw my new screen, which is Isho and I disneybounding from Disney on Ice. She asked who she was, and I just got really quiet for some reason.

Made it back to work after my second break, and had a few interesting things. The first was listening to Hyperspace Hoopla commence for the final time of the Star Wars Weekends 2013 year. Since we're right off of the main way, I heard fireworks go off in addition to Bruno Mars, Journey, Gangnam Style, and a bunch of other songs. I just imagined what was happening since I didn't have an opportunity to see it this year. After Justin's break, I received a bumpout, which I thought was a note to go clock off. After realizing it wouldn't let me clock off, I found Zach who told me it wasn't time yet for the first time, as there's always 15 minutes. I threw my Apron, hat, and gloves back on to assist Justin since he didn't like pulling all too much.

Shortly after returning, Miss Nicole appeared with none other than the fantastic Mr. Doyle. It was really excellent meeting him as he seems like a very nice guy. He was afraid to shake my hand, but I took off my glove and talked to him for a bit. They told me about their day, and brought up Jim's friend with some excellent news. I mentioned to Miss Nicole the hand signal thing, and she was hopeful we could catch up soon which I'm more than looking forward to!
  • Rushed back to my locker at the front of the park, taking my bag. I ended up changing back into my other clothes, and returning what I had just gotten back to costuming.
  • Went back to the front, and verified that my locker was fine, and they confirmed that it was fine until 1AM as that was when it leaves. Stopped at guest Relations to inquire about Peter Pan and the time the line began moving for Fantasmic!
  • From there, I walked to the Studios theater where Fantasmic! is held, and had a pleasure of talking to quite a few people while waiting.
  • Saw my very first show of Fantasmic! and got some really excellent pictures! I'm looking forward to getting some night photos with fireworks with my other lens, especially Snow White.
  • Sat in the theater until everyone was cleared out, and was told by the guy cleaning that they were clearing out the theater. I could have pulled out my ID, but just asked him if he was custodial where he retorted back that he was "operations".
  • Made it in good time back up to the front, and cleared out my locker, returning the key to a gal who started training  with me who recognized me. She got me situated, and I decided to walk around. Ended up at 5 & 10, then in Mickey's of Hollywood the remainder of the night.
  • Got a lot of pictures of an empty Hollywood and Sunset, which was nice. Again, I'm just going to need to take my other lens soon.
  • Caught the cast bus back to EPCOT, and drove home!
Honestly quite the day today, and between finally having the pleasure of meeting Mr. Taylor, Mr. Doyle, and seeing the fabulous Miss Nicole again I don't really know!

Have a Magical Day!

(I'll be updating/editing this, as it's just 2AM right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment