Monday, June 03, 2013

First Night Closing Basics

Day 14 -- Sunday, June 2 -- First Night Closing Basics

Quite the evening today, as I just recently got off and made it home:

  • Woke up several times last night after a few freak nightmares, eventually woke up at noon after an on-and-off night
  • Got ready around 1PM, caught the bus at 2PM, and made it to work an hour early since it was the simplest thing to do
  • Arrived an hour early to my location where one of the Managers stopped me, reminding me that 4:45PM was an hour away, but was kind enough to check and see if they needed help elsewhere. In the end I just stayed to stock until my scheduled time
  • Quite the evening since I ran into Rachel who was stock, and sent out to the cart at one point. Also worked with Zach as I gave him break when I clocked on
  • Right before going to break, I had a little girl hand me a Mickey, who couldn't be more then sixteen. She first hands the mickey to me, then Kindra next to me tries to ring her, then I just tell her I'll help her, and take it from her. The entire time ringing her out, her mom hands her money and everything. I looked up at one point and she was biting her lip, and giving me giant flirty eyes. Gotta love kids. Kindra later said that all the little girls keep doing it because I look 15...
  • Pretty interesting evening...
  • The first was a lady who came up to me when I was standing outside, asking if we sold Merchandise from the "Once Upon a Time Show" which I explained to her what it meant, and the history behind it. How I managed my way near the outside doors is beyond me.
  • The next was a guest who wanted to return a "broken" park ears, saying that one didn't light up. After checking everything, and doing the proper procedure, then purchasing the next set of Sorcerer's Ears something turned funny. The lady who had the discount started hounding us about how the entire previous order wasn't fixed with the 10% because of her discount. From there, they decided to let it go since I shouldn't have even given it to them in the first place. From there, the sister of the girl started hounding us, requesting a manger and what have you. She stood there for almost 10 minutes just yelling random things. Even when the intern acting-manager appeared a few minutes into it all, he continually asked "How May I help you/What is the concern/What may I assist with fixing?" while she just stood there demanding for another number stating that "If she didn't do it, it would continue to happen". After all was said and done, we all got a laugh out of how ignorant and rude the lady was, mainly because the Intern and Jason had no idea what was going on.
  • Had several weird non-work appropriate conversations with Rachel who is seriously like that ex-girlfriend you never want to really run into in public because she says things at the wrong time
  • Learned how to close registers, and almost all the closing duties thanks to the wonderful John! It's all pretty straightforward, and I'm sure I'll remember it when we close all the registers on Wednesday night!
  • Ended up being one of the last 3 in our location to clean up, and the only person actually still moving and doing things. Rachel left at midnight, which left three of us.
  • Everyone was asked if they wanted to go home, which meant an ER. I decided to stay, since I was doing just fine after sleeping most of the day, plus it gave me something new to experience.
  • Sent across the way to help assist with the store, which was mainly stocked. John arrived shortly thereafter, letting everyone go home who decided to do so. He gave me the option again to stay or go, which I decided to still stay. I filled the entire cooler case, and checked dates which took the rest of my shift. I did find a lot of cookies expired from the month of May!
  • After working at 1600 to 130 shift, I really enjoyed it
  • Walked one of my leaders out, who is below John as he's a manager. She made it clear she wasn't the enthralled by the company due to quite a few things that I already knew. She received an offer from a marketing company for an at-home position which she's really looking forward to and I congratulated her about. Her last day is in two days, right before she was about to complete her one year with the company! 
  • Stripped off my dress shirt, since it was way too hot
  • Caught the bus at 200, and had a girl staring at me the whole time while she dozed on and off
Since I just made it home shortly ago, it's currently 3AM and I have all of tomorrow off. I'm really hoping to make the Magic Kingdom to see Peter Pan, but I'd much rather have my sanity and sleep more than anything else. Big plans are ahead!

Also, today has been one of the warmest days including humidity! At one point in time, water started dripping from the ceiling vents because of how humid it was. John also refused to take off his jacket in thought that it would rain more today.

Have a Magical Day

No comments:

Post a Comment