Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Weekends Cast Party

Day 24 -- Wednesday, June 12 -- Weekends Cast Party

Another wonderful adventurous day filled with excitement:

  • Woke up at about 8AM after Caleb got up and left.
  • Laid down in the char in the living room just texting everyone while talking to one of the flatmates. 
  • Ended up coming to a decision to invite Kelsey over, which got me up and moving since I had to get ready for the day. She ended up showing up after I was ready, in the middle of making breakfast. Since she's been having a lot go on recently with her roommates, including just last night. I just sat and listened while she let me know what was going on. Throughout the day I learned more and more, and that they'd be staying in a hotel that night because one of the parents had paid for it. She just really wanted everything to settle and everyone to stay.
  • Since I was talking with Lyanne (who missed me at the Polynesian by mere minutes last night) as we agreed upon Downtown Disney for a bit. I had offered her my maingates since Wednesday was their one day off this week, but she declined. Extended an invitation out to Kelsey since she didn't really want to be at the apartment, and I needed to get her out anyways out of the goodness of my heart.
  • Followed Kelsey over to her housing where Lyanne was as well. A lot of people ended up in the oldest complex from this last arrival group for one reason or another, including the group of gals I've been taking care of. I've got an idea why.
  • Dropped Kelsey's car off and drove over to Lyanne's which was just a building or two away. Knocked on the door, as Lyanne happily greeted me, introducing me to all her flatmates.
  • Drove off to Downtown Disney with Kelsey, Lyanne and two of her roommates. Ended up walking around the part they had yet to visit including the LEGO store and World of Disney. The entire time Kelsey stayed with me since she said I had to keep an eye out for them while me and her walked around. Had an excellent time just running around World of Disney which is by far my favourite store to go into. Also, got a high-eight from the greeter on the way in.
  • Went to the Margarita stand for the two roommates since they wanted drinks. While we were waiting I talked to Kelsey and snapchatted a few people. Went to Earl's of Sandwich after that, and bought Kelsey and I food since she's never been there before. Lyanne ended up getting the same sandwich as Kelsey with the Cranberries on it, and a frozen lemonade. they were out of my coffee, so refunded it.
  • Talked for a bit while eating my first holiday sandwich, then Jenn texted me that they had arrived. I turned around and went to talk to my girls from the night before, who had like a million and one more questions, just darling. They got a booth after patiently waiting for the family to vacate, and ate all their food while talking. I introduced the girls to Kelsey, Lyanne and their roommates, including the two entertainment gals. while the gals finished eating at the booth I talked with them and answered quite a few questions that they had. in the meantime, Lyanne and the three other gals talked then went outside.
  • We all ended up going outside and talking for a while, as all the gals talked with each other. Jenn put on a hat that totally made her look like she was straight out of a 60's film. Lyanne found out that one of the gals was working Safaris which she was ecstatic for her.After talking for a bit we all parted ways, with Lyanne and her roommates going to Port Orleans, then my girls going to walk around Downtown Disney as I had recommended.
  • Drove Kelsey back to home as we talked on the way and she showed me more adorable pictures of her and her cat. Dropped her off at home and headed to the Studios.
  • Arrived at the Studios, and parked my car closer to the back of our parking lot. Walked through Costuming/Cast Services towards the main entrance while I texted a few people. Got a locker from Crossroads, and tried throwing my bag and shoes in the locker since it was strain on my back. The gal wasn't able to figure out what I meant by "larger" locker and I somehow ended up with a smaller one, which I just threw my shoes in.
  • Ran to the original Darth's Mall in the Rockin' Roller Coaster's lot, which was now closed off. I walked back there and finally saw the backside of Tower, and walked inside.
Since the Darth's Mall tent is always wonderfully air conditioned, I loved  it. Checked in with my ID for the Studios-only cast party which was really nice. Received one of the carbonite bracelets which I assume were left over. Walked to the back to see Ewok Chip and Dale who were visiting. The entire tent was filled with Barbecue on one side, with ice cream and drinks at each ends of the tent. Since there was an ice cream and drinks area by the meet and greet, I grabbed a lemonade and a Mickey Premium. Walked around for a bit looking for anyone in sight that I knew, with no luck. Sat down, and then just a table over I saw Erica, Zach, and a few others. Ended up moving next to Erica and trying to talk to her, which was hard since there was music blasting. Got up for another lemonade and a Mickey Sandwich next, continuing to talk with Erica. After that, I headed back to my car and costuming since I had to completely change for my high end merch shift from 4:30p to 10:30p.
  • Worked my shift which was really hard since it was hot the entire time. Just made the most of it all, and didn't have to close since the location closes after the last guests exit Fantasmic!
Just making the most of everday and meeting new people!

Have a Magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment