Monday, July 01, 2013

Day 39-42

Day 39-42

Day 39 -- Thursday, June 27 -- Productively Sweets Closing

Closed Sweets once again with my main man Ryan, which was fun. He zoomed through everything so we could get out quicker, as I'm getting the hang of it all. Definitely a productive day. They actually gave away food today on break.

Day 40 -- Friday, June 28 -- TS Closing Drama

Closed TS today, which wasn't too pleasant. It rained most of the day, and had soaked shoes... Had a nice little chat with one of my Managers about a few of my concerns and goals with everything recently, who was very nice about it. Ended the day with a Mentor which makes me happy since she's really nice!

Day 41 -- Saturday, June 29 -- That Grrly Store

Nothing much today, ended up working in the lone standing store that's kind of hidden. I did have an excellent talk with my coordinator about how I could alone improve the store to re-theme it at a wider variety of audiences as it's too main-stream right now as it's only aimed towards younger teenage gals, specifically. I could at least hear the event going on the whole night, and had fun closing it.

Day 42 -- Sunday, June 30 -- Angry Man Showers

Worked outside most of today, with the exception of the rain. Since our two main outdoor locations consist of one covered and one lone-standing car, they are typically quite slow. I started out in our covered area, then voluntarily opened back up the cart by myself for the first time. It typically goes very quick-paced due to the fact that everyone needs water/soda that is sold there. I saw storm clouds in and started telling Enock that we should close up, but he was on his way out anyways. I started preparing to close as I called the coordinator who told me to "wait it out". I didn't have a poncho or umbrella, so lo and behold a few minutes later it started to downpour. I had everything locked up in under 5 minutes, walking past my coordinator with an umbrella who was walking towards me. I made it into the covered outdoor area that has cloth drop gates, which are powered by switches. Maria couldn't get one down, so I put the four sides down and left open the two front. Before putting the rear back gate down, I yelled "Everyone please clear the area!" as Maria motioned the people walking by with the Umbrella to move out of the way. I began lowering it, and as I was doing so it dropped a little bit as a gentleman tried running in for some reason or another after having already yelled. He walked back, and then came back, lifting the pole lowering the gate down. He comes over towards me as I'm still lowering everything and threateningly says "Are you laughing at me boy! ARE YOU?". I just tell him no Sir, and that the folks on my right are, and to please calm down. He storms off after they deny everything. The next best part of my day was when it started raining again and all the gates were up. I was playing with a little girl who couldn't have been more than 10, who started playing lightsabers with me after asking a million questions. We played a little bit, and I said sorry sweetie, and then went to go close everything up for the rain. She disappeared, but I later say her with her grandpa walking by, and waved to her saying goodbye princess, as she said "Goodbye Josh!" excitedly while waving. Walking away I heard her grandfather ask who that was, and she replied it was a nice guy who played with her. Totally made my day! Had a very nice couple who were celebrating their one year anniversary, who were absolutely adorable. They stood in the covered area, and I had the pleasure of talking with the Husband after helping the wife cancel her reservations at a Resort Restaurant. I had picked up the phone and had Reservations on the line right when her outside line started ringing, but she called me sweet. She also told me she worked in Show Production Costuming and that I could come visit her sometime soon! I also gave the husband some ideas to start making use of his Technical/Theatre Degree that he has, especially since he wants to work. Also rode Tower of Terror 5 times in a row after work since a certain someone "Had" to "beat their record".

That about covers the past few days, just trying to keep it informative! Thinking of adding a few how-to's about the HUB when I receive the opportunity to.

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment