Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 49 & 50

Sunday, July 7 (Day 49) -- Med Field Trip!

Worked 4:45PM to 1:30AM once again, which was closing. Arrived at work quite early, thinking I worked at 4PM, then talked to an Area Manager. I informed her about having hurt my wrist as the pain had worsened, which was questioned because I didn't bring it up speaking with her after work last night. She filled out a form before I clocked on, while Madi informed me about what happened on Sunday, giving me a better idea of why certain things happened. We sat and talked for a bit while her and I joked around, then clocked in and was sent over to health services at EPCOT, which I received a ride from my trainer to. They filled out another form asking the same questions, then called a van for me to Centracare. After talking with the RN for a while about having lived in Colorado, she said to plan on coming back on Friday for a follow-up. I ended up waiting nearly 2 hours after filling out paperwork at Centracare, and fell asleep watching Pocahontas and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest until my name was called. Went into the divided rooms, and seen by a nurse confirming all of my information. I was then seen by a doc who moved my wrist and arm in a million different possible directions, then diagnosing me with a sprained wrist with lifting restrictions, along with a prescription to fill for pain medication.

Rode a van to the Studios after stopping at the Boardwalk for a guest, and talking fireworks with everyone. Was dropped off at the Studios Bus loop, and went back to my work location, and found a coordinator who then directed me to a manager, our intern David. He took my work restriction forms, saying I would be fine even with my brace on, and disregarded my restrictions. I rang the rest of the night, then did closing. At one point in time before my break I felt faint and lightheaded, which was also disregarded. I received my last break, and was informed that my first 30 lunch was forced out while I was taking my trip to the hospitals because they made the decision to do so.

Anyways, I ended up closing work and we didn't end up leaving until 2AM because our bags were all locked away in the new lockers which the intern didn't know how to open.


Monday July 8 (Day 50) -- Birthday Toy Story

Worked our Attraction location from 5:30PM to 12:30AM for Extra Magic Hours which was quaint. Arrived a bit before to put my bag away as it's a walk and wore sunglasses most of the day. Spent my day working with Lizzie, who is easily upset for reasons. She got her two breaks in, and made me go take mine near the scheduled times while it was slow. We slowly got friendlier and joked the rest of the evening, especially since we were open until midnight. I had my friend, Sarah who works Toy Story come up to for a NSA as a guest needed a Woody Mickey, and we got them situated away. At one point in time after she comes back from an ice run, she notices she was missing her nametag, and asks if I have seen it. I tell her to please go retrace her steps and to take her time, and I last remember seeing it earlier while she was ringing. I then walk up to our intern, David, asking if he's seen Lizzie's nametag, which he says that he "ensured" in catching that she was missing it, which was a blatant disregard of the matter that I was addressing. She comes out, asking when I remember seeing it, and we determine it was before her ice run. She retraces her steps again, and gets stopped by a guest while I'm ringing a few feet out of the area. David the intern starts freaking out saying "What if..." while rambling off numerous possibilities of Disney look coming by while I reassure him to give her an opportunity to look, as she may possibly find it. He starts yelling that she needs to get off stage, while I start talking him down as she goes to look. He runs out the back door of our stockroom freaking out as I walk away from him in his terror to go stock myself, ensuring him once again that there's a moment as a power of management (as I have been) to just give people grace.

...Lizzie returns a bit later with a smile on her face as she found it, and David is nowhere in sight. She then later goes on her last break. During this time, things slow down and I have a birthday gal come up to me. Since I usually keep mystery pins, I let her lift up my pin back to look at them and she chose a really good one which she really liked. I assisted her and her grandmother with their purchases, and then took them over to get a birthday wish from Goofy as I watched her smile slowly grow. I asked her if she spoke with Goofy, as she nods and smiles, then walks off as her grandmother profusely thanks me. I later addressed a matter of my lifting restriction, which was still disregarded once again by David. Another funny situation was when he decided to walk over to tell us close register one, while Tarlyn just called me prior to him walking over.

The rest of the night went quite well, as we closed everything down in exactly 8 minutes as I helped one last guest while assisting her in Spanish! Spent the rest of the night helping Meghan out with trash, as well as Manuel who will be leaving soon, unfortunately. I have given him a few rides home, and he keeps offering me the opportunity to go back home with him, which would be so much fun given how many cars that he's got and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment