Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Perfectly Pianist

Tuesday, July 30 (Day 70)

Quite an interesting day today!

  • Woke up at 7AM to take a trip to Wal-Mart shopping, then Wawa for gas
  • Ran into my roommate walking home from his sunrise visit to Disney's Animal Kingdom, then took a nap while waiting for everyone else to wake up
  • Drove everyone to Sam's Club where I ordered my birthday cake (and cupcakes) for my birthday next week, then went shopping. Ran into the Spring DCP graduation on the way to and from Sam's Club which was occurring in the field in our apartment complex. Dropped everything off then got ready to go to Animal Kingdom. 
  • Arrived at Animal Kingdom Costuming/Rehearsal Hall after meeting a friend (who works at Hollywood & Vine) for auditions, which went over quite well. Waited for the bus to Animal Kingdom, which took a while as the last drove off just as I was walking outside.
  • Made it to Animal Kingdom, and showed two girls who were easily lost exactly where Animal Kingdom was. Decided on visiting the Art of Animation resort since there was no listed Hollywood Studios bus, which just so happened to be driving off right as I made my decision. Walked farther down to realize that there was in actuality a Hollywood Studios bus. 
  • Arrived at Hollywood Studios shortly before 7PM, and headed straight towards left block to find my friend, since I wanted to surprise her. Come to find that she hadn't had the greatest evening so far, albeit she had just started about an hour ago. We talked for a bit, and I helped her translate for a guest, which she greatly thanked me for.
  • Walked over to the Sorcerer's Hat to get a few photos on my phone, then headed over to the ABC Commissary to say hello to Jenn, who was ecstatically surprised to see me. We talked on and off for a bit while she helped guests, and I told her I'd stop by soon to do dinner. Received a text from Kate saying she was arriving at the Magic Kingdom, and to just let her know.
  • Took a detour to Writer's Stop to see who was in, and then went back to left block to say bye to my friend who seemed happier. :)
  • Caught a bus to the Contemporary, made several pin stops, then stopped in the arcade to say hello to my flatmate Alex who was working. Caught the monorail the the Grand Floridian after a nice conversation with a few guests.
  • Made a stop in the Grand Floridian Lobby for several photographs of the lobby, then sat in the main hall listening to the Pianist Wes. It's always wonderfully relaxing which is why I made the stop. I requested "Mary Poppins" as I wanted to get a video for a special friend of mine, as I know he does excellent job with all requests. He played a wonderfully unique rendition of Mary Poppin's "Jolly Holiday" which flowed nicely into the next, "Chim Chim Cher-ee"  and finally flowed into the rest. I offered him my thanks, but he turned it down and discovered that I was a Cast Member. He then played even more Mary Poppins "Spoonful of Sugar", and finished off with the Second Concerto. 
  • Spent some time after his instrumental talking to Wes while he was closing up the piano, and he asked a little bit more about me as I introduced myself since he remembered me. I made the decision that I'll be coming back next Tuesday, on my birthday to come listen to him play! The very last words we exchanged were in terms of me compliment his talent and abilities playing piano, which he quickly replied, "It's never too late to learn". I walked about the rest of the lobby and to the upper monorail floor with a giant smile on my face, as it absolutely made my day.
  • Arrived at the Magic Kingdom, which currently had the very first Main Street Electrical parade going on. I stopped in the Town Square theatre to see the princess wait as I wanted to visit Rapunzel once again. Walked through Main Street East to bypass the Main Street Electrical, and while walking through the HUB I was hit in the head by one of the Parade Audience Control Cast Members who wasn't paying attention to giving directions. Walked through the second entrance to Tomorrowland, then back through the HUB which was a nightmare for all those trying to wait for Fireworks as everyone was yelling. Made it through Liberty Square, and followed the parade until Big Thunder Mountain.
  • Met Kate and her friend at Big Thunder, and we walked to Pirates of the Caribbean which was unfortunately closed. We then went on Jungle Cruise which wasn't too great thanks to a long hold and technical microphone difficulties. When we got off of Jungle, Wishes was already going. Got spit on by a camel while walking behind Kate through Adventureland, then walked to Fantasyland via Frontierland and Liberty Square. Oddly enough it was 'raining' by Columbia Harbour House. We watched the rest of Wishes between Peter Pan and Small World which had fireworks on both sides, and quite a bit of smoke with ash, but still really different.
  • Rode Peter Pan, and walked through the rest of Fantasyland to Starbucks on Main Street where they both received water. Walked through the Confectionery, and exited the park taking the trail to the Contemporary resort. Said goodbye to Kate and her friend, who it was really nice seeing as it had been quite a bit. We hadn't had much time to catch up, but time well spent.
Overall, a very successful evening having visited nearly 3 parks in one day, plus two resorts. Wonderful perspective today, and it was really nice seeing a good lot of friends. I'm definitely looking forward to what the future holds!

Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment