Monday, July 29, 2013

Another Quick Update

Good Morning, wonderful people!

Apologies for the delays between posts, as things have been quite busy. Since I last posted, I've been to aplenty of places. In the past few weeks, I've accomplished the following:
  • Visited Health Services once more, and was put on heavier restrictions. Walked through EPCOT to catch a guest bus to the Studios, and clocked in on time. Gave my new restrictions to one of the managers who forced me to work the stocking shift I was scheduled, which I was given an ER for after the Area Manager nearly "flipped" out.
  • Placed on Light Duty for two weeks after, which included basics, Character Attendant, and Main Entrance Operations; All of which I have excellent stories from
  • Figured out the EPCOT "transportation" system to get around. My very first visit was trekking through EPCOT, which I got lost going through a ballroom-esque hall near the International Gateway (IG), and promptly ended up in the Character Entertainment training spot. Another interesting visit was my most recent visit, after visiting the modified duty office which included a trek to the International Gateway (IG) to then catch a boat to the Studios and then promptly be told I would be given the day off without pay.
  • My favourite out of anything I've done thus far would have to be Character Attendant. The Cast Members that work Entertainment are so kind to each other, it's honestly unbelievable from where I'm usually at. I received more Guest Service Fanatic Cards (GSF) in the past two weeks than I have during my entire program. It's called appreciation and praise, my friends.
  • Picked up my first Extra Hours Hotline (EHH) shift at Downtown Disney, Zone 3, Art of Disney! Super nice lot there, and I received a Guest Service Fanatic card for being so flexible, as well as given a reference. I may possibly be picking up a Main Street East shift the day after my birthday.
  • Continuing on the course of my Leadership course which is very interesting, and fun. I loved our visit to the Magic Kingdom the other week for essentially a Disney Heritage class tour.
  • Made more Magical Moments than I can recall, mainly working at Downtown Disney as they're super open there with the freedom an all. 
  • Took a visit through the movies on the Great Movie Ride to see one of my favourite baddies, who hijacked a vehicle or two.
Personally, as I'm sure there's some curiosity out there...
  • Finally uploaded all the pictures from my Camera cards, which are now up-to-date. Next will be my phone, as the Monster's 24-hour day photos are on there.
  • Met my future wife, Rapunzel who was absolutely fantastic to speak with. She really is quite lovely. :)
  • Had a few stressful days this past week as my phone was shut off by my father, but quickly resolved by me improvising a few things. I'll now be paying my phone bill, which makes my budget a bit tighter. I've thankfully been staying on track of keeping things updated, which I'll be tightening more.
  • Broke-up with my 'girlfriend' for reasons beyond my control, which she's still quite mad at me about.
  • Making the most of the days that I've got as I'm back doing the same thing day-in and day-out of sleep, work, repeat. I really wish I was given the opportunity for deployment or being sent to different areas that needed help, as I really do love a variety.
  • Beginning to get back on a workout routine of running and exercising as it really helps with all the stress I've been having on a regular basis. The last time I did so was before I got together with my 'girlfriend'. 
  • Started making plans for one of my friends from back home to come visit me in September as it's one of the slowest months here.
  • Signed up for Candlelight processional, which will hopefully go over well! (Just need to rest my voice for a few days...)
Overall, I've been trying to make the most of everyday after a couple of realizations these past few weeks. I'll try and type up a few of the stories over the next few days when I've got time, unless I receive a few requests. More than anything else I'm having Character Attendant withdrawal, but managing!

(8 Days until my Birthday!!)

Until Next Time, Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment