Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day Two Interim - Peacefully Rainy Days

Today has been quite an interesting day so far, and yet so much more is to be accomplished!

Had the most wonderful afternoon today with Miss Nicole, who I finally had the pleasure of meeting. She's the first person that has made an effort to get together and just talk, which I really appreciated. Just getting to see her is a wonderful pleasure in itself.

We had a wonderful time walking around Downtown Disney and talking about the most random, yet awesome things! Went to Ghirardelli for coffee, which gave us a wonderful opportunity to converse in addition to me finally getting some caffeine after a really long week. She so kindly paid for our coffees as a "welcome" gift, which I really appreciated. (If you're reading this Miss Nicole-- I'm buying coffee next we go!) The funniest thing is that I looked inside several times for a seat, but ended up sitting outside since it was really quite nice with random rain showers. As soon as the next rain shower began she convinced me to move out of the rain, which I thankfully did, as the seat I was in just moments earlier was soaked. We then ended up going inside as a table had coincidentally opened up right then, as there was a bit of time between the rain showers. During our conversations  together I really had an excellent time getting to know more about her, which I really appreciated as not many people receive such an opportunity. She took her time to get to know me, and honestly knows more about me than anyone else in the entire state of Florida right now, as I keep quite low-key with my personal life. It's just the aspect of caring more than anything else that appreciate. More then anything else though, she was really excited about me finally returning to the Orlando/Disney area after a "while" (11 years, 2002) since there were so many new exciting opportunities!

From there we decided to go walk around Downtown Disney, going towards the eastern side which I had yet to explore. We made a stop near Wolfgang Puck express, where she made a menu recommendation. I really appreciated her showing me the Art of Disney store with all the wonderful art, including several Thomas Kinkade pieces. While we were walking around, she told me a very special magical moment during their time at Disneyland, which they'll remember for the rest of their lives. I really hope I have the opportunity to give someone such an excellently memorable experience such as that and receive one in turn.

Tren-D was our next stop, which had amazing Disney fashion for sale. Miss Nicole also gave me a nice tip for upcoming sales, which I may just take advantage of. At one point we passed World of Disney, which she offered to go in since she knows I'm slightly obsessed with it. I politely declined, but she did so sweetly tell me to avoid Stitch spitting on the east side of World of Disney. After that we headed back to the west side, went into Wetzels Pretzels and the Candy Cauldron. While walking at one point, her umbrella disappeared while she ate a pretzel, which I didn't notice until later. She kindly joked that it was in her carpetbag, as I'd have to say she is absolutely the fabulous Mary Poppins, and practically perfect in every way. We then sat down near the waterfront, talking while it rained. I feel really kind of bad for having her sit on a wet bench now that I think of it, and hope she didn't mind it too much. We sat and talked for quite a bit longer, and just enjoyed the view of it all with the peaceful rain, which is absolutely beautiful. More then anything else in Florida, I appreciate how much work they've put into the Orlando area, to the point where there's a very different skyline than anywhere else.

While it continued to rain we conversed about theatre, majors, school and a few other interesting subjects. At one point, she pointed out the mobile trailers near the parking lot across the way, saying that the design department was inside the portables. Since she's got an excellent sense of humour, she advised that I "stumble" my way in there. Throughout our time, I asked for advice concerning Florida, and she advised that I always have a towel in my car, as Florida has sporadically random moments of showers. I referenced The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as it always recommended having a towel on hand due to the many uses. As the rain was still steadily falling, we headed towards the parking lot. She kindly enough offered me her spare umbrella, which I politely as possible declined as to not be a burden, and put my hood up. I noticed while we we were walking that she had placed her umbrella over both of us, which was really quite generous of her. Finally, we ended at the parking lot with me thanking her for taking time out of her busy schedule, and her being much too kind as we parted ways.

More than anything else, wonderful people like Miss Nicole are the main reason why I made my way to Florida, which she thankfully reminded me of today. I appreciated the time that she took out of her busy day, just for me as not many people do that for me. It's really nice to have someone that I share ideals with including those concerning money, courtesy towards others, and a million other things.  We just have to stay positive about everything that we do, as it's the best way to accomplish anything in life. I really appreciated her teaching me that you need to have the courage to pursue your dreams that you set out to do in life, no matter what the circumstances may be or when in time they were set as they are indefinitely your idealistic goals. I can honestly write an entire book on how wonderful Miss Nicole is but ultimately there are so many wonderful things that I hope to learn from her throughout the course of our friendship.

Above everything else, we Keep Moving Forward. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment