Thursday, August 08, 2013

Brilliant Birthdays!

(Note: This is a rough draft, published as incentive for me to quickly update and organize; apologies)

August 6th - Brilliant Birthdays



  • Worked until 2am, stayed up until 5am
  • Picked up a cake at 10am at Sam's
  • Packed car, went to dtd for an hour, saw Alex, purchased autograph book, pen, and postcard.
  • Check-in at Riverside at 3am, birthday button and pillow request
  • Changed into suit, bus to MK, got 2 fastpasses for princesses and Mickey
  • Monorail to Grand, walked into Wes on the piano
  • Found the Tea Room (Grand button), "Happy Birthday, get the rest of your party", only me for 455 reservation
  • MENU Champagne Seated, chose menu item after a bit, winked at while choosing next over, ID'ed and waitress starts screaming it really is my birthday, ladies next to me start talking about visiting, ask where I'm from and I say I just work around which she said it was a great company. princess tea
  • Slowly ate the sandwiches, on insta, asked by management intern if she could do anything several times, said it was fine
  • brought second course at 5:30p which was bread and jams after finishing the first, cut my biscuit into several pieces, and tried the three jams, at the tart in the one bite. 
  • halfway through, and I see an arm holding my side, who I look up to see none other than prince charming with Cinderella. They were told that it was my birthday, and that I was spending it alone. They also heard I worked in the kingdom, which he thanked me for keeping watch over, and winked. Cinderella handed me a card, saying she had the family sign it and grabbed my arm, pulling me up asking for a photo. Gave my phone to my waitress and camera to the management intern, Emily. Got a few photos, and they said they had to get back, motioning to park fare, which I thanked.
  • Sat back down, trying not to cry, and they brought me a solid white chocolate mickey that said happy birthday in chocolate writing with 4 chocolates in front. Intern asked for a photo of me with it, after I had cried. Told it was booze chocolates. 
  • sat slowly eating more as the waitress coaxed me into eating the pastries and said I wouldn't be going home as I'd regret it. Talked a bit more with her, and the management intern more who was on her way out. The waiter and waitress talked to me while I finished up, and they were doing their checks.
  • Had the chocolate mickey boxed, with the 4 chocolates. Showed them both the card with the Prince, Cindy, and the step family. Got their autographs from the dtd book. Thanked them after finishing, and sat in the lobby waiting for the pianist, Wes.
  • Spent the majority of the evening listening to Wes until 8pm, who had two little princesses (Rapunzel and Ariel) sing happy birthday to me, which was adorable. He did another Mary Poppins medley for me, which I absolutely loved. Received his phone number as he's going to come by and say hello.
  • Went to the contemporary via monorail to see Alex and Lyanne. Waited in line for Lyanne who was working concierge, and Alex was off as him and Emily went upstairs. Received a balloon from Lyanne, got her autograph, then went with Alex back to Riverside.
  • Got to riverside, showed Alex and Emily the room, got changed out of my suit, and waited for caleb who eventually showed up.
  • Hurried to the contemporary to park, with Alex, Emily, and caleb all in my car. Ran to the front, found Sarah by the firehouse, lost everyone else. Got a birthday button from Gr whom wrote '21'. Walked through the Emporium during fireworks, and saw parts near crystal.
  • Went to see Vidia (& Tink) who was cool. Standing in Adventureland, decided on Tomorrowland food.
  • Ran into caleb at the hub, who grabbed me, turned me around and said he'd found me. Went to Pecos Bill's, and picked him up a pretzel on the way from a cart. Got a salad while sarah got a burger with sweet potato fries. Received free sprite, and found Alex. Talked alex into taking my car back to riverside, getting his car, and leaving my keys at the front desk as emily needed to go home.
  • Talked with sarah for a bit, then caleb showed up. Had fun riding Pirate's and talking for a bit, then walked towards the princess hall, where Caleb departed.
  • Went through the princess hall with sarah for rapunzel, and had an awesome time. Rapunzel said her and Eugene would light a lantern. Stayed until park close, with it being last.
  • Walked through the Emporium, as sarah went off for a bit. Found a Pascal and shopped around a bit more, bought pascal, and walked to the confectionary to look for my peter pan mug.
  • Walked sarah over to the monorail, said our goodbyes, and went over to the buses.
  • Took the bus to the first front desk stop at 1am, picked up my keys after the front desk gal deleted my key, and went to my room, albeit a bit lost and wanting to get in the hot tub.
  • Made it back, took 2 of my four bags outside, and took a quick shower. Called Ishobel and talked to her until 3am, showing her the room on skype while talking which was fun. Had a birthday call from Mickey and Minnie, which I didn't get to hear all the way through.


August 7th

  • Had a wake up call scheduled at 7am which was just Disney music, which I fell back asleep to. Woke up to my 7:30a alarm that I had set for on my ipod. Got up, hurriedly showered and dressed, threw everything in my two bags, and drove quickly over to the Grand Floridian for my 8:15, departing Riverside at 805. Went to my reservation at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand, which had English character breakfast with Mary Poppins, Tigger, Pooh, Alice, and Mad Hatter. Made it around 820, self parked, and checked-in which they still accepted. By-passed the photopass as I assumed it costed extra. Seated right away, recommended the mickey waffles, and that characters would take an hour to get around. Waited for Tigger who was next visiting, who signed my autograph and joked around with me. He sang me happy birthday, which I was directed to do. Tigger walked back by as he had Pooh finally, and he told me he was hungry, and I offered my food to him. He said no, and then I asked him if he found Pooh. He told me that he was slow because he had eaten a lot of food, and that it was all going to his tummy, which we then joked was going to his head, which he got a real laugh out of. Ate a bit, and Pooh came by who's autograph I got and spoke to shortly. Mary walked behind me, to go around as alice and hatter were coming the same way. Hatter was next, and he started asking me questions as in "Why today's your birthday, well... what day was it?" which I told him it was yesterday, which he led on with "Which..." pointing at me, and I said "My Un-birthday!". Got a photo with him, thanks to a mom across the next table. Hatter went to the next big group, and started joking around. He said teeth at one point, and said a few other funny things. He went a table beyond, and yelled at the kid next to my table to come over. The mom started getting up to do a photo, and Hatter pointed again at him saying, No, HIM!!! and wouldn't let the Mom which was hilarious, and the kid did do it...
  • ...Until I was distracted by Miss Alice coming over saying "Why how do you do?" then Wishing me a very happy birthday, which was very sweet. She pulled up the chair across from me, and started just chatting away as I listened, asking every now and again. I asked about Dina, and she started telling me about the Tea Cups, and how hatter said the green ones spin quicker, and if I believed it. She said Dina swats at her look-alike and is rather confused. I asked Alice for a photo, which was taken by my waitress who got a kick out of it. I told her to take care of hatter, but we both then said "He is Mad after all!". (Articulations/Speech Training -- British)
  • Ate more food, and then the wonderful Misses Poppins came by. She came opposite, but made her way. She signed my autograph book "Always, Mary Poppins" and we talked for a bit about Bert, who she wish was there, as he would have loved to dance for such an elegant bunch of folks, but was off with the penguins. She asked about my birthday, and what I had done. We talked for a bit longer, and then I got a photo with her which I really loved. She gave me a big hug, then wished me a very happy birthday, and to enjoy. I thanked the mom across the table over for getting a photo, and both her and Mary Poppins said "quite". Mary Poppins walked by once more to wish me happy birthday.
  • Finished up eating, which was more than enough as it kept me full all day, and paid my bill. My favorite food was the cheese pastries. Tigger and pooh were coming back by, but I headed out.
  • Went back to my car to get my bag as I was told I could stay parked at the Grand the rest of the day. Debated on taking my White chocolate Mickey inside to concierge, which I decided not to...
  • Took the monorail the the Magic Kingdom, and talked to a gentleman whose birthday was on the 5th of August. Let them go first, and we all saw how crazy it was at once. Headed straight for Guest Relations when I arrived, and got a birthday button. Asked the GR CM to see if she could find Bert for me, as I REALLY wanted him as well as a few others. She said to try and to come back at noon for my autograph book.
  • Went to go get fastpasses for mickey and princesses, just for Rapunzel.
  • Saw Mary Poppins who was next to the fastpasses, and I spoke to a bit as she asked about my birthday and how many years I was. Once she heard 21, she mentioned a "punch" that I could finally drink. I got a photo with her, and went on my way to Fantasyland.
  • Stopped by the time boards to inquire about peter and wendy as the castle show was going, and then headed towards fantasyland, running into fairy godmother, who's line was closed. Walked around fantasyland to look for Gaston by his tavern and was told he was out on a hunting trip. Stood in line for faerie tales with belle, which I didn't want to wait for. Walked over to where Peter and Wendy meet, and saw peter but was told wendy would be back at 11:40a.
  • Walked towards tomorrowland to find alice and Mr. Rabbit, who were meeting by the tea cups. Told Alice was leaving until 11:40am, and rabbit was staying out. Headed over to fantasyland and walked around, then went back towards the front.
  • Went to see Mary Poppins once more, who was moved to the Chapeau hat shoppe under shade as it was getting warmer. Took photos for the mom in front of me since all the guys wanted to sit down. Mr. Penguin snuck up after the parade, which was a nice surprise for the kids. Talked to Mary once more, who said she was happy to see me. I asked her how Bert was doing, and she told me he was off singing away while chimney sweeping, and had too much fun that he forgot to clean up, unfortunately. Got a picture with Mary Poppins and Mr. Penguin, which was wonderful as Mary thanked me. She also notice Pascal in my backpack.
  • Went over to Fantasyland for Peter and Wendy who both arrived shortly thereafter, albeit late. Ended up taking a photo for the gal in front as the CA had disappeared and the photopass disappeared as well. Talked to Peter and Wendy, who recognized me from around once again, then told Peter a Secret, as Wendy Intently listened in. He said "Me?! No, REALLY?" as everyone was intently wondering. I received a picture with both, who were super flirtily cute together.

  • Went to guest relations, and waited almost 25 minutes to pick back up my autograph book as I had to ask the same gal for it back who was with a gentleman for a while, and the majority of the rest were rude. The guy in front thought I was going to pickpocket him as I was following him around waiting. Also had a french family behind me since she was the only person who knew French. (Language Improvement) AUTOGRAPHS
  • Went to the Mickey fastpass, albeit late which I explained the Guest Relations delay. Really nothing unique besides "Rush as many families through that you can, as everyone was seniority and already had what they worked for
  • Went to the Princess Hall, which was quite nice. Ended up behind a family with a little boy who had a prince phillip weapon, and a little girl who had all the princesses on her shirt and decorated in her hair. The mom noticed my Pascal, who tried getting her daughter to look. Aurora taught the little boy how to handle his dragon slaying sword. Had Aurora first, who was interesting, as I asked her about Prince Phillip. First time Aurora didn't ask about a dragon slayer or a prince quip. She said that the rabbits had run off again with his boots, and how he can't go horseback riding. Had Cindy next, whom I wanted to ask the proper prince pose as Prince Charming wasn't able to show me last night, but just ended up asking about something birthday? which led to her talking about Gus Gus eating an entire cake.
  • FINALLY THE GRAND GALA OF THEM ALL RAPUNZEL!! The mom in front of me commented that both her daughter and I were JUST waiting for Rapunzel, as she could just tell. Ended up yelling "Rapunzel!" more or less and telling her she was my favourite princess, which she giggled at. She wished me a happy birthday, asking how old I was turning, and that her an Eugene would have to light special lanterns. She commented on our share of favourite colors. She pointed at my lizard, whom she said was a relative of Pascal. I told her that I brought him for her, and handed him to her, she looked at him cutely. She then played with him a bit, and put him on my hat. While looking up at him she told me about how she found him last in the cotton candy machine and how he was all blue, including his mouth since he kept eating it all! She asked how I found him, and then she told me to hold the pose while she put him on my hat and walked behind me to pose. She put her back to mind, and posed too. Pascal jumped off my hat when she turned to me and grabbed me, who she caught and everyone gasped in unison. We talked a little bit longer, and gave me pascal's relative back, and then gave me a really big hug which made my day, since it was the first time rapunzel hugged me. I told her to tell Eugene hello, and she waved goodbye.
  • Walked right outside and ran into Mary Poppins next to the outside exit doors, whom I got in line for once more. Waited for Mr. Penguin to return after the parade, who waddled in with an Attendant, slowly behind a clueless man. One of the Attendants said "You, again?!" and the other said "You MUST have a crush on her!". Talked to one of the attendants, who was a full service spare which required pants. Mary Poppins was quite surprised to see me once again, which was very sweet of her. We talked a bit with Mr. Penguin when she asked if I'd mind for an autograph as I finally had my book back. I got a photo just with Mary, as she opened her parasol and took my arm once again which she was funny about. Thanked her, and she thanked me back for coming to see her so much! (3 for the record, 4 all day)
  • Went back up front to Guest Relations, and had a few Guest Service Cards written for Mary Poppins, the French Guest Relations gal, and then Chelsea. Went to the times board for a recommendation as far as a sit down place to do some writing, and was told "nowhere, it's lunch time/deal". Walked towards the Faeries, which I decided was too long as I had to have my writing done by 3pm. Walked towards Frontierland from there, and ran into the Diamond Horseshoe on accident, and went upstairs, then back downstairs for some water. Spent the next hour designing and writing a letter for Chelsea, and practicing an autograph just for her, which unfortunately ended up in water. The culinary gal working the counter turned on her heat lamp and helped me dry off the letter while talking culinary business in Disney perspective. I put everything together, including Chelsea's 2 page special letter, a card, and pin that I had just in mind for her which was the Casting Agency door.
  • The next hour was spent looking for her from 3:30p to 4:30p. I waited around Main Street near the train station for a bit, and restrooms, then walked around the Hub and asked a gal if she had seen her by chance, who told me to go look backstage for her. I then got a Tumblr to double check where she was, and saw her post saying it was her last day (as I knew) and that she was going to enjoy it to the fullest. I then thought to myself, and said I'd be watching the castle show right now, and headed towards the hub. I walked around the Partner's Statue again, and she was standing right by the trash can looking at the stage. I worked up the courage to walk over and introduce myself, which  I think caught her off guard to have someone come say hello so randomly. She took off her gloves, and took the letter I made, clearing out her pouch as she had no room anywhere. We talked a bit about her favourite thing her entire program, and then talked custodial. She learned where I worked, as I nervously talked to her, which is quite unusual for me. Had a very pleasant time talking with her, and took her hand once more before heading off for the day.
  • Took the monorail back to the Grand, and listened to Wes who was playing piano once more as it was nearing 5pm. Listened to him for a bit, and surprised him as I was sitting behind him as he had turned around. Talked for a bit about a special visitor, then he went up to work on Beautiful Briny along with Bibbidy Boppity Boo mix. Told Wes about my day, and the chocolate in my car which he cringed and said I should have brought it inside. THIS IS THE LESSON WE LEARNED TODAY AS I GO OUT TO MY CAR AND IT IS A PUDDLE.
  • Went to go change, and had Concierge charge my phone. By that time Wes was back, and we talked a bit more as he set up. He started with the mix, which was awesome! He then started a Mary Poppins mix once more, which I loved as For the Birds is just an amazing piece.  He went on with a few other requests, including a Star Wars one for a little boy. He then did a Princess melody, which began with Cinderella's "So this is love" and moved to a few other Cinderella songs. Thanked Wes once more, and he planned on coming to visit Hollywood soon.
  • Drove to Hollywood Studios just to visit Alison, the one and only since she kept saying I didn't have to. Stuck around there for about an hour, if even. At one point I asked her for her autograph in front a few gal guests, and then her phone number as she started turning all red, and called me "ridiculous" while laughing. The girls kept coaxing me on and said that Alison needed to give me her number. It was cute.
  • Went to Animation courtyard, ran into one of the gals from England, whom I offered a ride and said she got off at 8:30p.
  • Went to the drawing class, and ended up not doing so as it was too busy. Walked through one man's dream for a bit, and then went back to get her as she wasn't even bumped out.  Went over to the animation gallery to see Becky, who was there. We talked for a bit about her program and how this was the only shift in the gallery, as I made a cheeky remark while walking away about staying pretty.
  • Grabbed the gal, and we rushed out as I drove her to Walgreens, then we stopped at 7-Eleven as they wouldn't give her cigarettes which is what she wanted. We both got slurpees, too.
  • Dropped her at Patterson, and made it home to start unloading my car to unpack. Put everything away, ate some food, and finished up my budget. Gave a few calls thanking folks for things, and catching up on messages.
  • Spent the rest of the evening watching none other than... Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way!
Cheers, Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment