Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Onboarding Paperwork & Update

Received my Onboarding Paperwork on Tuesday, April 16th to complete on the New Hire Portal. The process is pretty typical, as I've gone through it previously, since I'm not really a "New Hire". The process begins with reviewing previous information, then corporate policies, then finally formal papers and signatures. Thankfully the whole process is online, but I decided to read most of the paperwork again so it took approximately 45 minutes to complete everything. The New Hire Portal site works best through Internet Explorer, which I copied my two emails from, hence why it took a bit longer. Another note is that the site has links, such as the IRS Allowance calculator that it links to that will open up blank. If it happens to close the browser, or freeze you'll just have to start from the beginning and press "Next" as it still retains all information.

It was definitely a wonderful time to review everything, but I also happened to get some entertainment out of it all, in good humour. My favourite out of the entire Cast Member policies booklet would have to be, "Fighting, regardless of who started it, may result in termination of the parties involved." It also included cases such as,"To not insult or argue with guests, as they may not always be right, but they will always be our guests." Lastly, an honourable mention would have to be, "Gambling and Sleeping while on duty are not allowed". You know there's a story with some of those, that required those rules to be written.

In other news, I've finally received the Title and Bill of Sale to my new car which I'll be going to get the plates situated tomorrow morning. The main case at the DMV will be deciding between purchasing new license plates or transferring plates from my older vehicle, whichever is more reasonable in the end. After I've handled the license situation, I'll just have to get my new car cleaned and maintenanced before I leave for Florida!

Things are most definitely coming together!

Have a Magical Day!

1 comment:

  1. Your experience about Onboarding is really great .It may useful for many peoples the required employee.

    ReplyDelete