Tuesday, September 10, 2013

To Infinity and Beyond

Welcome, and hello! Since things have taken quite a bit of a turn for the interesting I thought I'd update everyone on the recent happenings and occurrences during the College Program.

Had a few difficulties and forthcomings with the management team, specifically a management intern. Tried to make the most of every moment, turning them into opportunities. The end resolution was not a positive experience, which I would never wish upon anyone in any situation whatsoever.

The experience in the last week was quite different from what I expected, which began upon my return to my normal work location (after a several day leave) on Monday, September 2, 2013. Management made the personal decision to take away my Company ID, making a point that I was allowed to keep my housing ID for the time being.

On Wednesday September 4, 2013 I was contacted by Management, and told to bring my costumes in. I brought all of my costumes from the past several weeks including from other costuming facilities. They decided to sit me down, reprimand me once again, which they then followed-up with a termination of my program.

With this decision made, I was informed that I would need to remove myself and my belongings from the housing complex at 11AM by the following day, Thursday September 5, 2013; Meaning I'd have less than 24 hours to pack and move all of my personal belongings. That evening I visited the Programs and Internships office at Chatham Square for the third time to have several questions answered regarding my leave from the program. The main concern was in regards to housing, mainly in the concern of housing payment and my departure. The answers were that I would still be charged for the remainder of this week, and have housing taken out of my rent for my final paycheck as well, and I would be have to be gone with all of my housing items turned in by 11PM the following day.

The morning of Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 9PM I turned in my Housing ID, Decal, and Apartment Key, driving into the sunset.

This is just my perspective on things, and doesn't necessarily mean that all College Programs take this route, some just have more unique experiences and happenings than others. At the end of everything, there's an opportunity to look at everything in a positive light and to Keep Moving Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment